Friday, January 6, 2012

EGD #2

Bransyn had his second EGD done today, to see if things have improved, stayed the same, gotten worse, etc. He has been doing SO much better, that I knew he had to of gotten at least some-what better! I wasn't AS nervous for it as I was last time, just because he had been through it before, so I kind of knew what to expect. But of course, I was still freaking out inside, because having your child sedated and out of your care for a procedure is ALWAYS a scary thing, no matter how many times they have had it done. Amanda came with us this time, because Ryan wasn't able to stay the whole time since he had a lot to do at work, so he stayed until they took Brans back, then had to leave, and I just kept him updated. He did really well with everything before they took him, they gave him the medicine to relax him again so that he wouldn't freak out when they took him away from us. That's always the worst part. Watching someone else wheel your child down to an OR, without you. Ah, not fun! ha. Anyways, then me and Amanda went and waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes-an hour, until Dr. Kaddu came out to update me! When I saw him walk through the doors, I could just tell by his facial expressions, and his body language that things had improved. And that's exactly what he told me when he got over to us. He said that everything went smoothly, and his esophagus looks SO much better, and it's really clearing up! Ahhh, relief. He said that since things are looking so good, we can take Brans off the medicine for now, then he will have a follow up appointment in the office in about 6 weeks to get the results of the biopsy, and also so we can update Dr. Kaddu about how B does in the next 6 weeks. (if he's started throwing up again, saying that his tummy hurts, etc.) I'm pretty relieved that we get to take him off of that dang medicine! Even though he has been doing better with it, it's still heartbreaking to have to give it to him! Glad it did it's job, now hopefully we won't have to deal with it again :)  A little while after we talked with Dr. Kaddu, a nurse came to get us to go back & see Brans. She said that he didn't want to wake up, but she was gonna have us come back anyway, to see if he would maybe wake up for me. She was right. He didn't want to at ALL. Poor kid was so tired. Finally after about 15 minutes of trying to get him up, he did. The nurses took his IV out, got him bandaged up, I got him dressed, then filled out the discharge papers and we were ready to go! I feel sooo lucky that he doesn't have a hard time with the medicine they use to sedate him with... they warned us both times that sometimes kids are really MEAN and WHINEY when they wake up from sedation, because it makes them feel funny! But both times, he hasn't really had a problem. Just a little fussy, because he's still so tired from it. There was a little girl that had also just woken up from sedation across from us, that was just screaming, and kicking, and freaking out, it was so sad! I just wanted to scoop her up! :(  But very glad my little man didn't have that problem. When we got in the car, I gave Brans his treats that I had gotten for him the night before for being such a good, BRAVE boy during the whole thing! So proud of my little punk ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment