That Ryan & I are expecting our first baby!!!
{one positive wasn't convincing enough for me.. so I had to take both. Within like 20 minutes! haha}
We found out last Wednesday, March 26th & we are SO excited! I am about 7 1/2 weeks along right now, which would put my due date around November 13th, but that could change. My mom took me to Dr. Chamberlain's office last Friday for an 'official' pregnancy test & to also see if they could tell how far along I am for sure. But when they went to take my blood, I got realllly light headed and passed out right when they stuck the needle in my arm, so unfortunately they weren't able to get any blood. The nurse told us that it's pretty common for that to happen in early pregnancy. So far, I haven't been feeling sick, or anything. I do get nauseous from time to time, but mainly I'm just a lot more tired than usual, I get dizzy almost every time I have to stand up, & I am going pee every half hour! haha (okay, not exactly THAT much... but pretty close ;) The Dr. also gave me some samples of prenatal vitamins to try, so that I can decide on which one I want to take throughout my pregnancy. Luckily, the first one I took has actually made me feel better & have more energy. I was told that more times then not, prenatal vitamins will actually make you feel worse. A lot of women can't handle them, so they stop taking them. So I'm glad this one is working out for me. I still have to choose which doctor I will be seeing throughout my pregnancy & who will also be delivering the baby when it's born. I would really like one that can do both, so that I can get to know them & be comfortable before letting them deliver my child. I've had a few recommendations, but still haven't made a for sure choice yet. (:
It hasn't really hit me yet that I am going to be a mommy in less that 33 weeks! It's so weird to think! haha. I think that maybe when I get to hear the heartbeat/feel it move/see it on the ultra sound for the first time it will seem a little bit more real for me. But as of now, I don't even feel like I'm pregnant. Well, you know... aside from the few symptoms I listed above! (: I have to keep convincing myself that I am indeed pregnant and it's not just a dream! haha. I can't wait to go through this whole pregnancy thing! But all the fun stuff seems sooooo far away! I am already so anxious to find out if this baby will be a boy or a girl. I really don't have a preference, just as long as it's healthy! But Ryan reallllly wants a boy (of course, haha!) He actually thinks that it's going to be a girl since he wants a boy so bad. Most of the people we have told so far also think that it's going to be a girl. I think Ryan's family are the only ones that have said boy so far! haha. I'm fine with either one, I just can't wait to go shopping! (: haha.
Although this pregnancy was very unexpected, it truly is the best surprise ever! We are both so excited to be parents! I'm really scared about a bunch of things, which I know is normal, but I am way more excited! It's gonna be really weird for me to have a big 'ol belly, cause I'm totally not used to that... but it will be an amazing experience and I am looking forward to every minute of it! (:
We found out last Wednesday, March 26th & we are SO excited! I am about 7 1/2 weeks along right now, which would put my due date around November 13th, but that could change. My mom took me to Dr. Chamberlain's office last Friday for an 'official' pregnancy test & to also see if they could tell how far along I am for sure. But when they went to take my blood, I got realllly light headed and passed out right when they stuck the needle in my arm, so unfortunately they weren't able to get any blood. The nurse told us that it's pretty common for that to happen in early pregnancy. So far, I haven't been feeling sick, or anything. I do get nauseous from time to time, but mainly I'm just a lot more tired than usual, I get dizzy almost every time I have to stand up, & I am going pee every half hour! haha (okay, not exactly THAT much... but pretty close ;) The Dr. also gave me some samples of prenatal vitamins to try, so that I can decide on which one I want to take throughout my pregnancy. Luckily, the first one I took has actually made me feel better & have more energy. I was told that more times then not, prenatal vitamins will actually make you feel worse. A lot of women can't handle them, so they stop taking them. So I'm glad this one is working out for me. I still have to choose which doctor I will be seeing throughout my pregnancy & who will also be delivering the baby when it's born. I would really like one that can do both, so that I can get to know them & be comfortable before letting them deliver my child. I've had a few recommendations, but still haven't made a for sure choice yet. (:
It hasn't really hit me yet that I am going to be a mommy in less that 33 weeks! It's so weird to think! haha. I think that maybe when I get to hear the heartbeat/feel it move/see it on the ultra sound for the first time it will seem a little bit more real for me. But as of now, I don't even feel like I'm pregnant. Well, you know... aside from the few symptoms I listed above! (: I have to keep convincing myself that I am indeed pregnant and it's not just a dream! haha. I can't wait to go through this whole pregnancy thing! But all the fun stuff seems sooooo far away! I am already so anxious to find out if this baby will be a boy or a girl. I really don't have a preference, just as long as it's healthy! But Ryan reallllly wants a boy (of course, haha!) He actually thinks that it's going to be a girl since he wants a boy so bad. Most of the people we have told so far also think that it's going to be a girl. I think Ryan's family are the only ones that have said boy so far! haha. I'm fine with either one, I just can't wait to go shopping! (: haha.
Although this pregnancy was very unexpected, it truly is the best surprise ever! We are both so excited to be parents! I'm really scared about a bunch of things, which I know is normal, but I am way more excited! It's gonna be really weird for me to have a big 'ol belly, cause I'm totally not used to that... but it will be an amazing experience and I am looking forward to every minute of it! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment