Friday, December 30, 2011

Teefy x-rays.

Brans has been complaining that his teeth have been hurting lately,(not all the time, maybe once every few days) but I hadn't really thought much of it, because he's a little fibber, and likes to say stuff like that to get out of eating. ANYTHING to get himself out of eating. Weirdo. Anyways, Ryan's sister was over, and she was brushing his teeth, and checking his teeth, and she said it looks like he might have a cavity. Greaaaat. So now I feel like a horrible mama, because I thought my kid was telling me his teeth hurt to get himself out of eating his food. So she told me that she was going to work the next day (she works at the dental office B goes to) and to bring him in and she would take an x-ray, even though they were closed that day. So I took him in today, and she did the x-ray, then the dentist looked at them from his home computer. He said B definitely has a cavity, but there were also some other weird things he couldn't tell for sure if it was just his tooth, or if they were more cavities. Joy. So we have to go back in to get it check out by the dentist, and get whatever cavities he has filled.  Gah, I don't know HOW this kid is getting so many cavities! We don't let him have a whole ton of candy, and he's not a big sweets person. He'll take one bite (if even THAT) from cake, brownies, cookies, etc. and be done! I'm not sure if it could be his medicine causing them, since he we have to mix it with Stevia... not sure if that could hurt his teeth or not, though! We brush his teeth EVERY single day, and it's never just a half-assed job. We make sure his teeth are clean. He never goes to bed with juice in a sippy (he doesn't even drink out of sippy cups anymore!), and we still dilute his juice a whole ton! Just makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I dunno, maybe he has bad teeth. Which would be weird, because neither Ryan or I have bad teeth, so it wouldn't be from genetics. Hopefully we figure something out, cause I hate feeling like a bad mommy because my 3 year old has already had cavities. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment