Really?
REALLY?!
Ugh, I want to cry.
The only thing keeping me from completely breaking down about my little baby growing up so dang quick, is the fact that her learning new things every day, and getting cuter every single day (yeah, I didn't think that was even possible, either!) puts a smile on my face. But really, why do babies have to grow SO gosh darn fast?! :(
Alright, here we go... this is what little miss busy body has been up to this past month!
• she is into EVERYTHING. if she see's something on the floor, she goes to it. and yep, it goes straight to her mouth.
• she pulls her self up on everything! it makes me soo nervous, because there are wood floors in this house, so it scares me that she is going to fall and hit her head. and yes, she has taken a few tumbles before, nothing too bad & she hasn't gotten hurt, but still... I wish we lived somewhere with carpet through out the house right about now!
• she loooves to climb on things. there is a little side table next to the couch, and it has a ledge thingy, I don't know what to call it, under the actual table part & there is a book on it. she is obsessed with crawling on that part & just sitting there & playing with the book! haha. she really climbs on anything she can. the past few days there has been a shoe box on the ground, next to the couch, and she climbs right on top of that, then pulls herself up to the couch!
• she has no fear! ^ those are examples!
• if the pantry door is open, she crawls straight to it! we have to remember to alwaysss keep it closed, because the first thing she goes to in there, is the cleaners on the floor under the shelves.
• she love, love, lovesss to sit in the shopping carts! she just kicks her little legs the whole time, and takes in everything going on around her!
• she has been a HORRIBLE sleeper lately! when it's time for her naps, I'll go lay her down & she'll just cry! I used to be able to lay her down in her bed, she'd fuss for a few seconds, then go right to sleep. now it's full on screaming until I pick her up. she still does okay sometimes, but man, is it getting exhausting having to walk around with her held tight in my arms, because she HAS to be moving. she also wakes up 2-4 times a night. and, she is SUCH a light sleeper now. I have NO idea why, but she will literally wake up when I climb into bed, because she hears the blankets moving. i hope she gets over it soon, and starts sleeping better again!
• we have this 'bouncy' tigger toy, where you push his tail & he will bounce. well tais will now bite the tail to make him start bouncing, because she realizes that's what makes it go! so smart! :) she is definitely learning cause & effect!
• she never wants to sit down! if I am holding her, and I go to put her on the floor, she won't bend her legs to sit like she used to, she will just keep them straight like she wants to just stand up!
• she has started blowing raspberries :) seriously the cutest thing ever!
• she also does this thing where she will open & close her mouth repeatedly, then thinks it's hilarious if you do it back to her.
• she is obsessed with lotion bottles.
• I figured out that she is just not into pureed foods. ryan & I made her some veggies, and tried giving them to her... she was not a fan! but when we gave her whole foods (soft, small stuff that she wouldn't choke on) she LOVED it! she is definitely a fan of whole foods & feeding herself! she is getting really good at it, too! at first, she would get the food either stuck to the top of her mouth, or it would go on the back of her tongue & gag her (GAG, not choke.) but now that hardly ever happens!
• whole foods she has had so far:
- green beans
- bananas
-apples (in her mesh feeder - those are a bit too hard for her 2 little teeth to handle right now)
- toast, cut in little strips
- grapes, without the skin and cut into small pieces
- Gerber Puffs and Little Crunchies
we're slowly adding new things in, but she has loved everything so far! :)
• she is a PRO with her sippy cup! but still refuses to take a bottle! haha
• I'm gonna have to take the extra padding out of her car seat pretty soon, cause she's almost to the point of not needing it :( I am having a very hard time with this, because I think once you take that extra padding out of a car seat, babies suddenly look SO much older!
• she is starting to not like getting into her car seat. usually as soon as I stick her in there, she pulls herself up, and doesn't want to let me strap her in. as soon as she's in she's okay, though. hopefully it will stay that way for a few more months at least! haha, it's so much easier to have her in her infant seat.
• she also sits herself up in the tub when she's laying in her bath seat. i'm gonna have to pull the seat out that is actually meant for babies to sit up in. ugh, just thinking about this makes me sad! haha
• her favorite thing to get into is a stack of papers under the computer desk. every time we are in the toy room, she will go under the computer desk & go straight for the stack of papers. happens every time, without fail! haha.
• she reached for her aunt nikki the other day when I was holding her. this was a huuuge shock to me! she neverrr reaches for ANYONE when I am holding her!
No comments:
Post a Comment