Our little Tais-girl has officially been here for the same amount of time she was in my belly! I don't know about you, but to me these past 9 months flew by MUCH faster than the first. . . ! I can't believe I have a NINE month old! T-minus 3 months until I cry my eyes out more than I ever have before! :(
Here's what our little busy body 3/4 of a year old girl has been up to:
• she is an EATER. she eats sooo much, and that makes me entirely too happy. she eats more than bransyn does (although, that's really not hard to do, since the kid eats like a bird!). you wouldn't know it just by looking at her little 15lb 9oz body, but girlfriend can put it away. she still nurses every 2-4 hours through out the day (although, I'm pretty sure it's more just out of habit/for comfort than food, half the time) PLUS, 2-3 meals a day, AND multiple snacks. for breakfast the other day, she had TWO blueberry muffins, a handful of cheerios, and a handful of raisins. that's just one example, she's always stuffin' herself. I reallly hope she continues to eat so well, because I don't think I could handle TWO super picky kids!
• she has like most everything she has tried so far, except potatoes. that makes me super sad, cause this mama could LIVE off of potatoes, but I guess she's just taking after her daddy & brother :(
• she has been climbing off of our bed, booty first first! the first time she did it, I didn't know if she actually meant to, or if that's just how she ended up, so I put her back up to see if she would do it again. she did it three more times in a row! she doesn't do it all the time, though. I still have to watch her very closely when she's on our bed, just to be safe. but i'm glad she's learning these things, so that she can be safe!
• she is no longer in her 'reclining' bath seat, she's in one that sits her up all the way, and she loves it!
• she's been saying mama for quite a while, but now she has started saying dada, baby (sounds like 'behbeh' and she's said bye bye a few times! i'm trying to teach her to say bubba (for brother), but she's not quite ready for that one yet, apparently! her favorite word right now, definitely has to be dada. she is CONSTANTLY saying it!
• bransyn has this barn toy that has a bunch of little activity things on it, and one of them is sticking shapes in these little slot thingy's. well, it apparently drive taislee NUTS if the shapes are in the slots, because every time, without fail, that she sees them, she has to go over and take them out. it is soo funny!
• she now has five teeth! the two on bottom that she's had for 5 months now, and 3 on top. the two in the middle, and then the one right next to the center left one. I can tell the one next to the center right one is going to be popping through any day now, though!
• she has learned how to 'run' from me. one day i noticed she had put something in her mouth, and I started walking over to her to take it out, and she turned and crawled away from me so fast! she does it all the time now, and thinks it's so funny.
• she is OBSESSED with bubba's bike he got for Christmas. she is always going over to it, and standing up next to it. she even CLIMBED onto it, all by herself, and sat on the seat!
• she loves pushing her little baby stroller all over :)
• daddy taught her to feed him. he'll go over to her when she's in her chair eating, and open his mouth, and she will pick up whatever she has, and stick it in his mouth. he also taught her how to eat out of HIS mouth, haha. he'll put a goldfish, or something in between his lips, then she will take it with her mouth. it's super cute ♥
• sleeping. it's still a struggle for her sometimes. she takes 3 naps a day, and she does pretty good with them, sometimes she'll fuss a bit when I put her down, but for the most part she does pretty good. she'll usually do good at night when I put her down, too. but if she doesn't get ALL 3 naps, she wakes up 2-3 hours after going to bed, and it's HELL trying to get her to go back to sleep. we seriously try everything, and nothing works. on the nights that she DOESN'T do that, she does AWESOME. she'll wake up 2, sometimes 3, times to eat, then one she is done, I put her back in her bed, and she is out without a peep. she also can NOT fall asleep if I am holding her. she just can't, I dunno why. she will fall asleep if Ryan's mom is rocking her, or even if Ryan does, but she will not sleep in my arms, it's kinda strange.
• she stopped doing her 'scrunchy face' for a while, which made me super sad, because it is TOO STINKIN' CUTE! but she just started doing it again the other day, and I love it! :)
• her hair is starting to get a bit longer, and thicker. I can put it like I'm gonna put it in a little pony tail on the top, but I feel like I'm gonna pull it too hard when I put a band in there to hold it, so we're holding off on that for a bit longer :) plus, I feel like that will make her look soooo much bigger, so I'm good with sticking to headbands & bows for now ;)
• she's a little dancer! she shakes her little booty all the time, and loves when we dance with her :) can I just say a dancing baby is probably the most precious thing in the world?! cause it totally is.
• when she is done eating and she still has food left on her tray, she will either move her arms across her tray over & over again really fast so that the remaining food falls off, or she will pick it up, and drop it on the floor. she does that with her sippy, too. if she's done drinking, she'll just toss it on the floor.
• she seems to be warming up to other people more. she doesn't freak out so much if someone else holds her, even if she can still see me. she's not 100% over her fear of other people yet, but we're makin' progress here!
• she becoming more & more of a daddy's girl as the days pass. she just loves her daddy. she'll hear him talking after he walks through the door when he gets home from work, and if we're in the bedroom, she will crawl out saying 'da? dada?' and look for him. or if she's in the living room, or her high chair, she gets the biggest smile on her face when she sees him. love it ♥
• she becoming more & more of a daddy's girl as the days pass. she just loves her daddy. she'll hear him talking after he walks through the door when he gets home from work, and if we're in the bedroom, she will crawl out saying 'da? dada?' and look for him. or if she's in the living room, or her high chair, she gets the biggest smile on her face when she sees him. love it ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment