Wednesday, June 24, 2009

7 Months!

Can you believe in only five short months, my baby will be a whole year old?! I sure can't. If time could only go by this fast while your pregnant! But I sure do love watching him learn all of these new things. Welll, in the past month.. he has completely mastered crawling! He is so dang fast now. He's soo funny when he does it sometimes too.. if he doesn't want his knee's on the carpet or tile, he will use his feet, instead. haha. It's the funniest thing. He's ALWAYS pulling himself up on things, & 'cruisin'. I don't know how many times a day he goes into the kitchen & stands up on the chairs & barstools, and I have to go running in there to get him before he falls and hits his head on the hard tile. He can now go UP the stairs. & he thinks it's pretty dang fun, too! I just need to teach him how to go down backwards, so that he has less of a chance of falling down them.. one of my biggest fears. (The house I babysit in has a case of stairs, & they are having a gate built for it... but haven't quite gotten it done just yet. But I'd still like him to know how to go up & down stairs, just in case) His vocabulary still consists of one word... mama mama mama. Welll, if you don't count the 'baby talk'. haha. When he wakes up, he will sit up in his bed & say, 'MAMA!' in his little sad, tired voice. And of course, I just have to pick him up & give him loves. How could you resist cuddling your sweet baby boy, that just wants his mama?! (: Ahh, I love this kid! I am trying to teach him 'Dada'... but he is just not going for it! haha. He is a pro at feeding himself his little snacks. I give him Gerber Graduates Puffs, Yogurt Melts & Cheese Puff things. He knows exactly what they are & how to eat them. He even does the 'chewing' thing, to help mush them up. I give him high chair time, & give him a couple snacks & a sippy with juice. He loves it(: He is starting to understand the word no. Whenever he is doing something he is not supposed to (ex. trying to put my flip-flops in his mouth, going after our mean cat, ect.) I will tell him no, & sometimes he will actually stop and go do something else! It doesn't work all the time yet, though.. but hopefully soon he will fully understand it! He knows how to get all of his toys out of the basket... dump them. Yeah, that makes a fun mess for mommy to clean up. haha. And now he's actually starting to play with his toys more now. He's so silly, he'll actually put some toys in his mouth so that he can use both hands to crawl to another spot. It's usually his little stuffed animals, or links. But it's hilarious. He's in his big boy carseat now. Ahh, sad day. I think he likes it better though, since it sits him up more & he can see out the windows. Buttt, I do miss the days where if he fell asleep in the car, I could just take the whole seat inside with me so that he could stay sleeping. Now I have to get him out, & usually just un-doing the buckle will wake him up. I believe he is going through a seperation anxiety stage.(either that or he's just a biiiig ol' mama's boy! haha) He does not like to have me out his sight, and half the time.. he won't even let me put him down. Sometimes when someone is watching him in the living room(while I shower, get ready, ect.), he'll actually go crawling down the hallway looking for me. He is doing better with going to sleep atleast somewhat on his own. He used to have a reallly hard time going to sleep without being nursed.. now I can just rock him, sing to him or put him in his swing & he will get tired enough & fall asleep when I put him in his bed. OH, & he LOVES me to sing 'You are my sunshine' to him! It's our song(: But the other night, I actually put him in his bed at bedtime completely awake, & he went right to sleep! I did not hear a peep out of him. Sometimes when we do that, he will fuss or cry for a minute before falling asleep. I tried that again last night, & it did not work. haha. But hopefully he will start doing it more! Hmm. I think that is all, well atleast all that I can remember right now! My baby boy is growing up :( Can someone please make this slow down?! I wanna enjoy this whole baby thing longer! Even though we are having soo much fun with him. I just miss my teeensy baby.


Ohh, and I am very proud to announce...that very unwanted baldspot that was on the back of his head, is growing back quite nicely! Happpy Day! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment