Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July - 2011!

We had a great 4th this year! On Sunday night, me, the kids & Amanda drove out to Kanab to stay at my grandma's house so that we could go to the parade the morning of the 4th! As far as I know, there was no parade in St. George & I was DETERMINED to take Brans to a parade for the 4th, for once. {2009, we were in Vegas. last year, we were in Roosevelt... no parade either time, boo!) It was nice being able to spend some of the holiday with family, too! (:







B wasn't too sure what he was supposed to be doing, as far as getting the candy goes. The people would throw the candy, and we'd tell him to go grab some, but he'd just kind of stand there & stare! haha. Luckily, my cousin Jessica was willing to help him out a bit! (: The only other parade he has ever been to, was for the rodeo last year & he definitely doesn't remember that! haha. But he had fun (: Espesh when the fire trucks came by & sprayed every one with water! He thought that was pretty great!

We stayed in Kanab until around 3pm, cause Amanda had to be to work by 5. We had lunch & just hung out. Brans got to play with all the kids, and I got to relax a bit before heading home. It was a nice little >24 hour getaway from home, haha!




When we got home, me & the kids played for a little bit before I made 4th of July dinner for Brans & I. We had grilled chicken, baked potatoes & broccoli! (: Wasn't very festive or anything, I should of made some kind of red, white & blue dessert or something, but I guess I just didn't have the time! haha.


My cute babies in their first 4th of July outfits of the day!


Around 9, we headed over to the park for fireworks! (: While we waited for them to start, I took Bransyn on the big bouncy slide! He wanted to do other things too, but we got there about 10 minutes before they started shutting everything down /: He loved the fireworks, though! Tais even watched them! (:

Firework outfit!


T's firework outfit!
{you may notice her shirt is a bit big on her. Well, that would be because I am a huge slacker & waited until the last minute to get her a 'First 4th' outfit & this is the ONLY one I could find in the whole town that was cute. It was the only one left & it is 6-9 months. Yeahhh, my baby wears 0-3 months still! haha. So it was in the dryer for a lonnnng time, it shrunk some, but not quite enough}




After the big fireworks, we went home so Brans could do sparklers & poppers! He loved them! But poor little man grabbed the burned part of one of the sparklers right after it finished & burned his little hand. I guess he didn't believe us when we told him it was hot, be careful & just throw it on the ground. Curious little boy, I tell ya!








Can't wait for next years 4th! I have a ton of fun ideas {pretty sad I think of them AFTER the day is over & cant do them anymore!} haha

No comments:

Post a Comment