Friday, March 20, 2009

4 months & well-check visit!

Bransyn is FOUR months old today! Holy craaap. I STILL can't believe how fast it goes! haha. Anyways, he is doing soo good! He can sit up reallly well with support, & also stand & walk with support. He jabbers & laughs soo much. I love it. His favorite thing, is our dog Bandit. Bransyn thinks he is absolutely hilarious! He can just be walkin by him & he'll get the biggest smile on his face. And when someone is holding him, & Bandit jumps up.. he busts up laughing! It is the funniest/cutest thing ever. He's starting to try to sit himself up in his carseat & swing.. which is good cause he's using his abdominal muscles. But I think we're gonna end up up-grading to a 'sit up' car seat within the next couple months. He's still not sleeping through the night.. dangit! He will usually sleep about 5 or 6 hours than wake up for a feeding, than go right back to sleep. Than again a couple hours later around 6 or 7 o'clock.. than go back to sleep after that for a couple more hours! I'm working with him so that he can go to sleep completely on his own.. right now I'm just trying to get him to sleep without being held/rocked or falling asleep eating. So for now he's sleeping in his swing until he gets used to not being held/fed.. then I will start putting him in his bed awake so that he can completely put himself to sleep! I've started giving him a soft blanky to cuddle with & it's helped him fall asleep. (Of course I watch him until he falls asleep so that he doesn't suffocate himself, and than take it away once he's alseep) At his well-check visit today, she said that we could start him on rice cereal as soon as showed signs that he was ready for it (Ex. watching us eat, acting hungry more often, waking up more to eat during the night, ect.) But recommended we start it right away because the percentile he's in on his height & weight has gone down quite a bit! Here are his stats:

Weight:
Birth-7lbs 5oz
5Days-7lbs 3oz
3Weeks-8lbs 4oz
2Months-11lbs 11oz
3Months-13lbs 15oz (This was not a well-check visit so they just weighed him with his clothes on & he had a wet diaper.. so it wasn't quite accurate)
4months-14lbs 4oz 38th percentile.. Went down from 50th percentile

Height:
Birth-19in
5Days-20.08in
3Weeks-21.26in
2Months-23.62in
3Months-They did not measure him
4Months-24.8in 47th percentile.. Went down from 75th percentile

Head Circumference:
5Days-13.4in
3Weeks-14.1in
2Months-15.6in
4Months-16.4in


Hopefully the rice cereal will help him get back up in his heigth & weight!
She said that everything else looks good with him! He got his 4 month shots & that was really hard for me.. definitely alot worse than at 2 months! She layed him on my lap, facing her, and stuck the first one in his right leg.. he looked back up at me with the saddest face I have EVER seen.. it was like he was saying, "Mom, why are you letting her do this to me, it hurts?!" Than he started SCREAMING. She got done with the first one, then went to the left leg & did the other 2. He was SCREAMING & his face got sooo red! It broke my heart & I could not take it.. I started crying with him. He was fine after I picked him up & cuddled him, just kinda wimpered a little bit. I felt soo bad that he had to get those & go through that! I hate seeing him in pain. I just stood there & held him really close to me & sang to him for a minute before I got him dressed, so that I could comfort him. And he's been fine ever since! I'm soo proud of him for being such a brave boy & only crying for maybe a minute.. if that! (there was a baby in the room next to us that screamed&screamed!)

There's our 4month & well-check update on him! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment