It has been exactly one year today since I saw those 2 lines on that 'magic' little stick.
Wednesday March 26, 2008.
The day Ryan and I learned that our lives were forever changed.
The day we found out we were expecting our first child together.
And I remember it like it was just yesterday..
Ryan came over to my house after football practice.. but not before sneaking to the store to buy a pregnancy test first.
He had been telling me I was pregnant for the past couple of days.. but obviously, we couldn't just assume.. we had to make sure.
I was sitting at the kitchen counter talking with my family when he got there.
He pulled me into my room to let me know he had bought it.
I went back into the kitchen and drank all the liquid I could.
Then, very nervously, I went into the bathroom to take the first test.
I was so scared to look at it.
So I didn't.
I put it upside down in the drawer for a while.
I wanted to know sooo bad, but I couldn't bring myself to look at it just yet.
After waiting a few minutes.. I finally got the guts to find out if Ryan was right.
It was a big fat positive.
I stuck the test in my pocket, and went to grab Ryan.
I showed him.
We decided that I should take the second one.. just to make sure.
Sure enough.. that one was positive too!
Seeing TWO positive pregnancy tests in my hand, was the weirdest feeling I had ever felt.
I felt good, but it was weird.
Ryan just said "I told you so.."
And that he was happy.
Even though he didn't admit it..
I know he was just as nervous as I was.
But I also knew that he was gonna make a GREAT daddy!
I had a really strong feeling I was pregnant, But I had been in denial for the past couple of days.. mostly just because I didn't want to be wrong... (:
I kept laughing and thinking that it wasn't real..
but ohhh boy, was it real!
This past year has been the craziest, most emotional, hardest, happiest, most exciting, funnest, scariest, most AMAZING experience of my entire life.
Not a single day goes by, that I wish I would of seen only one line that night.
I thank God everyday for sending us this precious little child.
For choosing US to be his parents.
For making me the proudest mama in the whole wide world.
And for giving me the chance to feel the deepest & strongest kind of love that I have ever felt.
Not only for my son, but also for my wonderful fiance!
I feel so lucky to have the two most amazing boys in my life.
(Oh and also the most handsome.. ;] )
Ryan and Bransyn are the best things that have ever happened to me.
I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's so funny, it was almost exactly the same for us, Andrew has been telling me he knew I was pregnant for two weeks, and I kept saying no, even though I thought I was, I just didn't want to be bummed out if I took a test and it came out neg. so Andrew went and bought a test, and sure enough, it was positive, I walked out and said you were right, and he said "i told you" hahaha I took another test the next morning too, haha it's so funny that we both took two hahaha I guess both of our guys have good intuition, usually guys don't! hahaa
ReplyDelete