Saturday, March 21, 2009

First time eatin' rice cereal!

Last night I gave Bransyn his first rice cereal 'meal'.. after getting the 'okay' from his pedi. He actually did pretty good with it for his first time! The first spoonful I gave him, he just kinda looked at me like, "Uhh mom, what the heck are you putting in my mouth?!" And he'd just kinda 'slurp' it off the spoon for a while, since this was all new to him & he didn't get the whole 'if I open my mouth, I'll get the cereal' concept yet. But when we about 1/2 way through the bowl, he started opening his mouth once I put the spoon to his lips. He really seemed to enjoy it too! Whenever I would pull the spoon out to get more.. he'd start fussin' a little bit cause he wanted it right away! haha. I am sooo excited that he finally gets to have something other than milk. It was definitely a new experience to give a baby their first taste of cereal.. but it was soo fun watching his reactions to the taste & new things in his mouth! Here are some pictures that were taken of him! (sorry they're not very good.. my camera battery died RIGHT as we were startin to feed him.. and now I can't find the dang charger :/ So these were takin with my cell phone!)

First bite! Not sure what to think about it...

Messsy boy!

Ready for some more, mama!

Notice it's all over his hand.. he kept stickin his hands in his mouth when I went to get more & tryin to steal the spoon from me when I got it back up to his mouth..

Finally got that darn spoon! (:

What a mess! good thing I undressed him for this.


And after we were all done! Told ya he kept stickin his fingers in his mouth...
(:


So since we haven't gotten his high chair yet, (dumb me figured we'd wait til 6 months to get it when we introduce the baby foods.. totally forgetting he'd start rice earlier) I had to put him in his carseat for this feeding. I knew it was gonna be messy, so I covered it with a receiving blanket. Welll, about 3/4 of the way through.. I was holding the bowl down by his feet.. and the little bugger kicked it right out of my hand! haha Only a little bit got on his carseat & it came off really easliy.. but I am definitely gonna start researching good high chairs & getting one ASAP! Plus, having that would be alot easier! (:

2 comments:

  1. HE is adorable!!! We gave cam. his first rice cereal at 5 months and he was the same way, didn't quite know what to think of it haha I mixed his with breastmilk and that was the only way he'd take it, we tried it with water once, and he was not happy! haha we thought it was so fun though, being able to give him something 'real' haha but we didn't have a high chair then either, but luckily we had our bebepod with the tray haha.

    ReplyDelete