Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My poor baby :(

So last week, Bransyn started coughing. Just a mild cough.. nothin to worry about. It pretty much just sounded like he had something in his throat & was trying to clear it. Well, Thursday.. it started getting worse & he was sounding really congested. So I called his pedi to see if I should bring him in, or what. They told me to put the saline drops up his nose & use the aspirator bulb thingy & that it was up to me if I wanted to bring him in or not. I decided that I would wait a while to see if he got better after doin his nose stuff & pay close attention to how the cough sounded.(basically if it sounded like a barking seal or not.. to make sure it wasn't croup) Well, I decided that I would rather be safe then sorry.. so I called his pedi back & told them I wanted to bring him in & made an appointment for later that day. We finally got in to see the doctor.. & found out that his lungs sounded perfect, his ears were clear & his throat looked fine. The only thing that was wrong.. was instead of everything coming out of his nose.. it was going back (ha, nasty... sorrry!) into his throat-hence the coughing. Since he's not 6 months yet, I can't give him any medicine for his cough.. just continue suckin his nose out. Well, last night.. he started putting his hands up by his ears & even pulled on them a few times. When I took him to the doctor on Thursday, he told me that his little issue could turn into an ear infection. So I called the pediatricians office & got him an appointment with their night time doctor. (which was the same one he saw Thrusday.. due to his normal pedi being out of the office all week) Soo glad we decided to take him in! He has an ear infection in his left ear. The right one is just fine.. thank goodness it's not a double. They gave us a prescription for an anti-biotic & ear drops that will numb his ear drum to help with the pain. He has been SOO good & happy, considering how painful ear infections are! Hopefully it will be gone sooon though. I want my baby allll better :(
OHH, and he also checked his lungs again.. still sound perfect, so the cough hasn't turned into anything else. (: He has his 6 month appointment on the 20th, so they'll check on him again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment