Monday, August 23, 2010

21 Months!

Welll, you may have noticed that I didn't do a 20 month update for the B-Man.... that would be because I am a super slow blogger! haha. I had the post started, but since I no longer live in a place with internet access... fell verrryyy far behind. So, since I am just now getting around to posting an update on him, I figured I'll just do 20 + 21 months together. I guess it will just be a mystery which month he did each thing. hahah (: I will definitely try to keep up on his updates better from now on!

Anyways, here we goooooo ;


• he says his name! both bransyn & brans. LOVE it!

• he is starting to put 2 words together now. my favorites are 'appo...............juice' & 'popppart' (apple juice & pop tart)

• his memory is getting really good! i like to go through all of his animals, body parts, ect. with him every day or 2... but sometimes I'll leave something out on accident. so we might go a while without doing 'what does a snake say' or something to that extent. and even if it has been weeks, he still remembers!

• he now insists on sleeping with his build-a-bear dog, Patches, both the little bears he got when he was born, a monkey that his grandparents gave him, and a BIG monkey that the lady I babysit for gave him. that makes for quite a crowded bed.

• whenever we lay him down for bed at night, (and naps when they're at home) he will pat his pillow next to him & say 'mama... down. dada... down' it just breaks my heart that he wants us to sleep in his bed with him, but we can't :( i soooo wish i could sleep next to my sweet boy everynight, but i know that will not be good for any of us in the long run!

• he is getting better with biting, but still does it every once in a while. i started putting mustard in his mouth every time he would bite (I know, RANDOM... but everyone kept telling me to do hot sauce... I'm sorry, but I'm not putting hot sauce in my 1 year old's mouth! ha. so the next best thing was to do something NASTY, so that every time he would bite, he would learn that he would get yucky's in his mouth) that was working REALLY well for a while & he actually stopped completely, but now he's acting up with it again. So we're just gonna keep doin the mustard thing til he stops!

• he can now open doors. yeah, awesome.

• he will repeat his abc's with us.

• he will sometimes repeat 1-10 after me, but only if he feels like it.

• he pretty much knows where all of his body parts are. head, brain, hair, forehead, eye brows, eyelashes, eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, mouth, tongue, teeth, neck, shoulders, tummy, belly button, arms, elbows, hands, fingers, bum, knees, feet & toes!

• he's sleeping in a toddler bed now.

• he would much rather take a shower with me or daddy, than a bath.

• he knows all the names in our family (immediate family, anyways!) and can tell me who's who.

• he loves bikes. all bikes.

• he can ride a scooter.

• he is extremely stubborn & likes to test me. if he gets on the coffee table & i tell him to get off, he'll sit & stare at me like he's sayin 'make me' and not get off until i take him off.

• he's learned some more animals & can identify them as well as tell me what they say.

• he can do baby, milk, mommy & daddy in sign language. we aren't really teaching him SL, mainly because he has a very short attention span & would probably sit for 3 minutes to watch a show, or work with us on it... but he happened to learn those 4 from watching (about 3 minutes!) a video that the little girl I babysit watches.

• he says love you! except he says it like, 'dooove youeeyoueeyouueee' i'm sure that sounds crazy, but it is the cutest, most HILARIOUS thing ever! and I absolutely LOVE that he says it in such a special way that I will always remember (:

• he is still as obsessed with cars/trucks, hats & shoes as ever!

• he still doesn't care for cookies, brownies or cake... but sure loves chocolate candy's! he also loves nutella!

• he can say SO many words! and they're not all easy peasy ones. 2 of his favorites are doctor & dentist! HA... I'm sure that will change in the next few years.

• he LOVES to ride the four wheeler! No, not his little battery powered one he got for his birthday... an actual 4 wheeler (: it's Ryan's parents & pretty much every time we go over there, he points or walks over to the garage saying 'brum brummm... brum brummmm' (that's how he lets us know he wants to ride, ha) he knows how to push the button to shift it, and he can also push the throttle. We have to be careful with that, though... cause just like his daddy, he LOVES to go fast! haha. The first time he pushed the throttle with me, he pushed it allll the way in. Sometimes we'll take rides around the block, but usually someone will just take him up to where their horse used to be.



This little boy is the light of my life! He amazes me every single day with how cute, smart & fun he is. It is so crazy to me that in just 3 months, my once teeny baby will be a big 2 year old boy. It seems like these past 21 months have just flown by in a matter of seconds, but at the same time, I look at his (teensy) baby pictures & I can't even believe that that was once him what seems like FOREVER ago!
Time definitely flies when you're having fun (:


No comments:

Post a Comment