Sunday, August 15, 2010

County Fair

We went to the Washington County Fair on August 13 & 14 this year. Since we didn't make it last year, I for sure wanted to go this year! I was SO excited for Bransyn to go on his first rides (besides the merry-go-round) but apparently the people that run the fair, don't like parent's going on the rides with the little kids, even if the kid is within the height limit. But of course, I was NOT about to put my 20 month old on a ride, not knowing how he would react, or what he would do. I mean, I'm sure he would of LOVED the rides, but I was not about to take the chance (: haha. Sooo, he ended up only being able to go on the carousel - which he went on a few times - and the biiiig slide! He did enjoy both, though... so at least he got to do that!

I know this picture is really blurry, but I had to zoom wayyy up to get them up on the slide! Brans came down with a big 'ol smile on his face (:

I dunno why I look like I'm having the worst time ever in this pictures, I could of swore I was smiling & talking with Bransyn the whole time! Ry must of took it at the wrong time! haha I promise I had fun with him, though (:


After we did those 2 'rides', there wasn't much more for us to do there, so we headed home. But I had plans to go back the next night (the 14th) for the demolition derby & my dad's band performance. Unfortunately, Ryan wasn't able to make it until around 9 that night, because was in Salt Lake for the day working at a diesel event. But my friend Alyssa & one of her friends came with me. By the time we got there (7pm) the demolition derby was already sold out! & it hadn't even started yet! I was SO bummed, I was really looking forward to going! Apparently all of Washington County wanted to go, too! haha. All the stands were full, & there were STIILL a ton of people outside trying to get tickets in. So we missed it :( But now I know for next year, we've gotta either get tickets in advance, or go WAY early! haha. Maybe by then, bransyn will enjoy it more. I know he would of loved it this year, but who knows how long he would of sat down & watched, haha. Anyways, since we had an hour to kill before my dad's show, we just walked around the fair and than took Bransyn to see some animals!


{bunny}

{baby cow}

he saw lots more animals, too! (:

Than around 8, my dad's band started.

Brans loves Kendra! She's so good with him (:

Just hangin' out & watchin the band play!



You can kinda see the band playing in the background... I thought I had more pictures of them, but I dunno what happened to them! They did a great job, though! we all had fun (:

He was sooo obsessed with sitting like this! haha

Me & Lyssa (:


When Ryan got there, we watched the band for a little longer until they went to take a break, than Ryan walked over by the demolition derby, noticed people sitting on the fence (they obviously didn't make it in, either!) & decided to hop up there & watch the end of it! So me, Lyssa, & her friend (ah, I can't remember her name!) all walked over there & hopped up as well! (And got hit on! haha, it was hilarious!) We got to see a good 20 minutes of it, which was the last of it. It was pretty cool, glad we got to at least see a little of it! And Bransyn couldn't take his eyes off of it!

After that was over, they lit off fireworks to officially end the fair. So we watched those for a while, and then headed home!


We all had fun, but hopefully next year we will be able to do some more with Bransyn! He still had a blast, though, so that's what counts (:

No comments:

Post a Comment