Thursday, August 12, 2010

A little more home-y...

We were finally able to get some stuff to go in our house! Ryan had a diesel even to go to in Denver August 6-8, so he gave me some money & said get whatever I want for the house, & that he wanted to be surprised when he got back.


I didn't get much for the kitchen, since I'm not quite sure how I want to do it quite yet, so it's still pretty bare. But those black canisters on the counter are new ;) haha. Oh, and yes... no table yet :( we haven't been able to find one. We're planning on getting a used one, then just sanding it down & re painting it & making it look new (:


Our pantry finally doesn't look SUPER pathetic. haha. Still not stocked up on as much stuff as I would like, but we're getting there (:


We got this washer & dryer set for freeee! (: My dad got it for us & it has been SO nice! I was super worried that we wouldn't get any, & we'd have to go somewhere to do our laundry.

This one is the main bathroom. I am OBSESSED with zebra print, so I decided that's what I wanted to do my house in! I haven't done our bathroom yet, cause I didn't feel like spending money on it yet, but that one will most likely be in a brown & cream color.

Love this group of pictures in the hall! (:


And here is the living room! I decided to do both the living room & bathroom in the zebra/black&white theme, except the living room has some (&will have more) red accents around. I was originally just gonna do it in brown colors, but I decided that I wanted to do something fun & different! It seems like every one does those kinds of colors, so I decided on this one (:
I love it so far! there are still some things I need to get done, & I have ideas for... but we gotta wait until we have some more extra money.


As you can tell, on both sides on the tv, it's pretty bare. I'm planning on getting some more framed pictures & sticking up there a certain way on the left side... Then I think I have an idea for the right side, but I'm not sure if I'll do it or not yet. I'm also gonna get a basket & put a red 'throw' blanket in it, & stick it between the tv & that shelf, so that you can't see the tv cord sticking into the wall. haha. Hopefully it will look as good as it does in my head, haha. And also, on the other side of that shelf, I want to get some black candle stand thingy's, & stick red candles on there.


I'm also going to get some red candles to go on those things on both sides of that picture above the couch.


{I know I like things all matchy-matchy & the chair doesn't match everything... but we love it & it's too comfy to stick in another room just because it doesn't 'match' It still looks fine in there!}

It looks SO much better than it did before! I was SUPER embarrassed to have people over before. haha. Ryan even loves it! He didn't get home from Denver until like 1:30 am, but he said that he was really impressed with it (: I can't wait until I can get all the 'finishing touches' but for now, it works! It definitely looks (and FEELS) more like a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment