So since I'm new to this whole thing.. i thought I'd start by catching up on the past 6 weeks of our lives, starting with the labor & birth of our son!
Bransyn was due on November 13, but he had decided that he didn't wanna come out quite yet. My Dr decided to schedule me to get induced one week later if i hadn't gone into labor on my own by then. Well, Mr. Bransyn is very stubborn & wanted to stay in there until he absolutely HAD to come out! So, after what seemed like the longest week of my life, we FINALLY got the call to go have our baby on Thursday, November 20 at 5:30 am. We made it to the hospital at about 6:30. They checked me(I was dialated to a 2) & started my induction at 7. Shortly after, Ryan & I got to take a little nap.. since i didn't start feeling the 'bad' contractions until about 10 when they turned the pitocin up. After they turned it up, I was having extremely painful contractions on top of each other. They checked me again around 12(a 3 this time) & decided to break my water & give me the epidural to get things going a bit faster. -I must say.. the anesthesiologist was pretty much my new best friend, haha. SO glad i decided to get an epidural!- After that, I didn't feel any pain at all! No contractions. No back pain. Nothin! I actually got to relax & sleep through most of my labor, which made it go by soo much faster. Around 6:45 pm I was at a 9+! All the nurses started getting ready & bringing everything into the room. That's when it reallly hit me that this was really gonna happen & in a short time, I would become a mommy & meet the little guy that had been living inside of me for the past 41 weeks. I started to get really nervous, but had never been soo ready for anything in my life!
Ryan & I right before we had our baby!
This was after 12 hour of labor(& sleeping :D)...
I know i look *F A B U L O U S* you dont have to tell me :)
At 7:15, I was completely dialated & ready to go! Just over an hour later, I had the most adorable baby boy in my arms.
Bransyn Kieler Tabet
November 20, 2008
8:19 pm
7lbs 5 oz
19inches long
The first time I saw & held my son.
love at first sight
One proud mama.
isn't he the most handsome baby boy ever?! (:
We definetely have the cutest baby in the world.
Getting weighed!
Our family.
My world
Daddy holding Bransyn for the first time.
Checkin out his new mama.
He loved gettin his hair washed! Although, he wasn't a very big fan of them scrubbing his body.
Gettin his footprints.
Our little burrito baby! haha
Lovin our new baby.
He's been such a good baby since he was born. He didn't even cry when he came out -Which was actually kinda scary, but he was wide eyed & lookin all around.. so he was perfectly fine!- Even when the nurse gave him his shots he didn't make a peep! The only time he even fussed at all the whole time we were in the hospital, was when they were scrubbing him during his first bath. He ate right after he was born, but since he had been awake the whole first 2 hours of his life, he was a little tired once we got up to our room & would rather sleep than eat. So they had to give him a couple CC's of formula with a syringe :/ That was the only time he had to have that though & ate really well everytime after! They took him down to get his blood tests & hearing screening, & he was such a lil champ.. didn't even fuss! He was perfectly healthy, didn't even have jaundice -his bilirubin levels were in the low risk zone, at 40%- and he passed his hearing test! He slept good the 2 nights we were in the hospital.. I actally had to wake him up to eat! haha.
Ryan was soo good to me the whole time. Since it was hard for me to get out of bed & move around alot, he changed all of Bransyn's diapers(I did try to help some of the times though!) & even woke up to get Bransyn out of his bed so I could feed him without being in pain. He also got everything for me, I think the only time I had to ask for something myself was when he was taking a nap! He helped me get in & out of bed everytime to help make it easier & as painless as possible. He was also such an amazing dad right away. He has definetely made Bransyn & I the two luckiest people in the world! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment