Friday, January 23, 2009

Two Months Old!






Bransyn turned 2 months old on January 20. I soo can't believe it's gone by that fast, but I also can't believe that he's only been here for that long.. sometimes it seems like so much longer(if that even makes sense? haha) I don't even remember what my life was like without him anymore, & I most definetely don't wanna imagine what life would be like without him!





Welll, here's a little update on our little big guy! [o:
He has been such a good baby from the beginning! He hardly ever cries. He does fuss when he doesn't get his way, or if he's tired.. than he's obviously pretty cranky! Oh, and he now has a fake cry. Yes. He has already learned to pretend to cry when he is not getting his way. Can you say spoiled? haha. So he likes to fake it, and he thinks he's pretty tricky. Good thing I can tell the difference between cries. haha. He has also discovered the fake cough. It's the funniest thing, cause he does it & smiles at the same time, so you can tell he's just trying to get attention. He's usually pretty happy & loves to smile, laugh, talk, yell & play! I absolutely LOVE it! He has thee cutest smile everrr, with those big ol' cheeky's! Sometimes when he smiles reaaaaal big, he'll make this little squealing noise. It's the most adorable thing! His happiest times are when he first wakes up in the morning & after naps! I always
look forward to him waking up from his naps cause I know he'll be so happy & smiley! It's so fun! (: A few new things that he does now; I'll stick my tongue out at him & he'll try to copy me & try sooo hard to get that tongue out! He does get it sometimes, but other times he gets so mad cause he can't quite figure it out, since he's still learning how everything works! haha, it's hilarious. He also likes the sound of me 'clicking' my tongue. He'll just sit & stare at my tongue & get the biggest smiles on his face! He's attempted it a few times.. haha, obviously he can't do it yet. Just moves his tongue up & down (: Another thing he tries to copy, is when I open my mouth realllly wide & say 'Aaahhhhh!' He'll open his & try to make the same noise.. he doesn't quite know how to make that exact noise, so he'll make his own. Personally, I think his noises are cuter anyways (: OH, and he 'Yells' at us to get our attention. If someone's holding him & you look away for a minute.. he'll definetely let you know he's still there. hahah. & it's so funny, cause his little yells sound just like he's saying 'HEYYYY' Cute, right?! He loves to stand on his legs. I don't think he likes it too much when I have to sit him down.. but it's not good to let him stand on his legs for a long period of time. But they are definetely pretty dang strong. He's ready to walk already! hahah. I'm sure he would like that. He also loves sitting up. He holds his head up REALLLY well, so I think he'll be sitting up by himself in no time! He can do it by himself for like 5-10 seconds when he's sitting on me, & longer when he's holding onto my hands to help support him. And sometimes when he's laying down, I'll let him hold onto my thumbs & he'll try to pull himself to the sitting position. He does reallly well with pulling himself up, he's very strong! He has two play mats with the toys that dangle above his head, & he's startin to get interested in those! He'll lay under them for a good 10-15 minutes usually.. give or take a few. but than he gets a little bored & would rather be held. But he does get pretty excited & gets his leggy's goin for a while! He loves his bouncer.. usually. haha. He reallly wants to be able to grab the toys, but he still doesn't know how to work his hands very well quite yet... so sometimes he gets mad at that too! haha. He most definetely does not like tummy time. hahah! I'll put him down, & he's perfectly fine for about a minute.. MAYBE! Then he'll start fussin and flaylin his arms & legs all around. We gotta work on that one, for sure. He eats reallly well.. as you can tell by all the cute chub he's got goin on! haha. He knows how to let me know when he's ready to eat by opening his mouth & turning from side to side. He very rarely cries when he's hungry. The only problem we've really had with him, is getting him to sleep by himself in his own bed. I had planned to always have him sleep in his own bed, but when we brought him home, Ryan INSISTED on letting him sleep with him. So he got used to that. After a while of freaking out everynight, in fear of rolling on him, having he blanket go over his head & suffocate him or him getting smacked in the face.. I kept trying to put him in his own bed. Didn't work. He aboslutely hated it. I tried getting him to sleep first, than putting him in there.. but he'd wake up 10 minutes later & not sleep again unless he was with me. (And of course since Ryan went back to work, I am now the one to take care of him at night) I tried making the bed softer. Nope. I even tried laying in there with him one time. He didn't go for that either. I found out that the only way he would sleep by himself, was in his carseat. But we weren't too crazy about letting him sleep in that every night & during naps. So the other day, I read this thing that says swaddling them helps them sleep. He's always hated being swaddled, but I thought I'd try it anyway. Anddd... It actually worked! haha. I think the combination of that & a different bed(we now have him in a cradle instead of the pack-n-play bassinet) helps him sleep! He has slept the past two nights successfully by himself(: although, with the exception of waking up to eat once a night, and than going right back to sleep again! YAY! Now all we need is to eliminate that one feeding during the night, than we'll be goood! (: He is also the bigggest cuddle bug! He loves to be cuddled. & I love when he's in that mood, cause I can just lay there & hold him so close to me & he loves it just as much! I call him my little love bug(: hahah
Hmm.. he's growing & learning more & more everyday. About 2 weeks ago, he started out-growing his newborn clothes :( So they are now being passed to his cousin. It makes me sad that he's not that little anymore sometimes.. but I also love seeing all the new things he does, & watching him grow. Plus, he gets cuter & cuter every day! haha. Welll, I think that's all for now! I guess that wasn't really a
little update. But that's what's happening with our handsome boy now! (:


All swaddled up, takin a nap allll by himself!




The bed next to him is what he was
supposed to be sleeping in..
but he isn't too fond of it!



Gettin a goood stretch in after he woke up from his nappy-nap! (:



Mr. Drooly boy sittin up with no help!
(it looks like he's leaning on my legs, but he's not at alll!)

He had lots of fun playin' in his bouncer!

Bray in his bouncer!





No comments:

Post a Comment