Wednesday, January 19, 2011
24 week appointment!
I had my 24 week prenatal appointment with Dr. Lunt today. It went well, just did the usual - listened to her heartbeat & measured my uterus. Her heart sounded great & my uterus is measuring right on. (: I also had a few things to discuss with him. I have been getting this reallly weird feeling in my heart, kind of like it would beat really hard once, then go back to normal for a while, then do it again. Dr. Lunt told me that it is normal, unless I was having dizziness & shortness of breath as well. Well, surprise surprise - that’s another thing I had to discuss with him. He said that it could be something to do with my blood pressure, and even though I had my bp checked in the office right before I met with Dr. Lunt, he wanted to check everything again & listen to my heart & lungs. Everything looked & sounded completely normal, so he figured it was probably just bp changes that are normal during pregnancy, but nothing to be concerned about. We also talked about my induction a little. He wanted to make sure I am still okay with going forward with it, and since it’s only a week early & she has always measured right on, I am still planning on being induced at 39 weeks. As we have discussed before, there is no way to know for sure if delivering her a week earlier will prevent the shoulder dystocia, but I would really like to avoid a c-section, unless it is absolutely necessary for baby’s safety. I asked (just out of curiosity) when we would schedule my induction, & he said that hospital policy is that inductions can not be scheduled until at least 37 weeks. (dang it! Haha) My follow up ultra sound was supposed to be this Monday, but Dr. Lunt decided that he would like to wait a little bit longer to give her some more time to grow, so we got that scheduled for February 7th, when I will be 26 weeks 4 days. They gave me the form to get my blood glucose test done - ICK. So not excited for that. I believe they are also (finally) going to check my iron, as well. They would just like me to have that done before my next appointment with him, which will be February 16. This will also be my last time going 4 weeks between appointments… after the next one, I will start going every 2 weeks! So exciting! (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment