{try saying that ten times fast!}
Well, we finally have a diagnosis. And ^ that is just it. It is called Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Basically, Bransyn's esophagus is extremely inflamed, irritated, and swollen. He also has a lot of acid in his stomach, which is also making his stomach inflamed. The cause of "Eosinophilic Esophagitis" is usually from some kind of food allergy, so we will have to get him into the allergist for food allergy testing. There is no cure, but there is treatment. Right now he is taking Prevacid in the morning to help with the acid, and he will start taking a steroid as soon as the pharmacy gets it in.We will also be doing the "Six food elimination diet" until he can get into the allergist, which is eliminating milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts/tree nuts, and seafood. Dr. Kaddu said that the most common allergies that cause EE, are milk and soy. I am PRAYING it is not milk, because this kid loves milk! We will try rice milk until the allergy testing is done, so that he can still have SOME kind of milk. I also have to start reading labels more (we're pretty sure he's already allergic to peanuts, so I usually always check labels for those if there is any suspicion that something might have peanuts in it.) And so far, I have found soy in a LOT of stuff! So I am reallly hoping it's not a soy allergy, either, because that would be insanely hard. Soy is seriously in ALL of his favorite things! Ah, stresses me out just thinking about it! But I guess if he IS allergic to those, we will learn to deal with it & make whatever changes we have to to get this kid better! SO happy we are finally getting him into the allergist!
Well, we finally have a diagnosis. And ^ that is just it. It is called Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Basically, Bransyn's esophagus is extremely inflamed, irritated, and swollen. He also has a lot of acid in his stomach, which is also making his stomach inflamed. The cause of "Eosinophilic Esophagitis" is usually from some kind of food allergy, so we will have to get him into the allergist for food allergy testing. There is no cure, but there is treatment. Right now he is taking Prevacid in the morning to help with the acid, and he will start taking a steroid as soon as the pharmacy gets it in.We will also be doing the "Six food elimination diet" until he can get into the allergist, which is eliminating milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts/tree nuts, and seafood. Dr. Kaddu said that the most common allergies that cause EE, are milk and soy. I am PRAYING it is not milk, because this kid loves milk! We will try rice milk until the allergy testing is done, so that he can still have SOME kind of milk. I also have to start reading labels more (we're pretty sure he's already allergic to peanuts, so I usually always check labels for those if there is any suspicion that something might have peanuts in it.) And so far, I have found soy in a LOT of stuff! So I am reallly hoping it's not a soy allergy, either, because that would be insanely hard. Soy is seriously in ALL of his favorite things! Ah, stresses me out just thinking about it! But I guess if he IS allergic to those, we will learn to deal with it & make whatever changes we have to to get this kid better! SO happy we are finally getting him into the allergist!
No comments:
Post a Comment