Thursday, October 6, 2011

Five months!

Okay, I swear I just BARELY did her 4 month update... how is my precious baby already 5 months old? :( I am having a MUCH harder time with her getting older, than I did with Bransyn. I don't know why, maybe it's because the time seems to go by even FASTER with two kids, or maybe it's the fact that we aren't planning on having any more babies, so I just want to enjoy having a little baby for a bit longer? I dunno, but lately I have been on the verge of tears thinking about how fast she is growing up, and how her first birthday will be here before we know it! Why does the first year have to go by SO stinkin' fast?! I look at her newborn pictures, and I can't even believe how much different she looks now, and how much personality she is getting! Ah, anyways... enough with my pity party, onto this sweet little lady's update! (:

















• she sits! she still has her moments where she loses her balance, or leans too far back, or to the sides... but she is definitely sitting for longer than just a couple seconds at a time now! especially if she is distracted with a toy, or something.

• she absolutely ADORES her big brother! he is the only one that can get her laughing really hard, it is just the cutest thing. she loves to watch him play with his toys, & loves to just stare at him when he's talking. and luckily, he loves her just as much! it just melts my heart seeing how much they love each other, I just hope it stays this way forever! {yeah I know, not likely... but I can hope, right? (: }

• everything that she grabs, goes in her mouth! EVERYTHING.

• she climbs out of her bouncer now! well, kind of. if I don't have her buckled in {which I DO now, but I only did occasionally before, because it was just easier not to, and she wasn't going anywhere before} she flips herself over onto her belly, then either scoots herself UP, or scoots herself down, so that her legs are completely off of the bouncer. it's a good thing whenever I don't buckle her, she is right by me! i'm thinkin' she's gonna be a little escape artist, just like her brother!

• she has been VERY clingy lately. she has days where she will literally scream if I am not holding her.

• she is doing better with other people holding her, but she definitely still has her moments where she just wants mama. about a week ago, my mom watched the kids while I went to a photo shoot, and when I came back my mom said that as soon as she took Tais out of her car seat, she started crying. it soon turned into a scream, but not just any scream... she said it sounded like a little girl {not a baby!} screaming, as if they were getting kidnapped! haha. I guess the only thing that calmed her down, was going on a walk in the stroller.

• she LOVES being outside! if she is fussy and nothing is calming her down, we just take her outside and she is usually just fine. and she definitely loves going on walks!

• she is a tummy sleeper now. I never thought I would see the day! she used to HATE being on her tummy! now that is pretty much the only way she will sleep. at first it made me really nervous, because they say not to let babies sleep on their tummy's. it's okay for them to if they can roll over, but it still made me really nervous. the first few nights she did it, I kept moving her back onto her back, but she would just get mad, roll right back to her tummy, and go back to sleep. so I have learned to deal with it, since she's gonna do it no matter what!

• she loves being on her tummy in general now, too. if she's playing on the floor or the bed, it's VERY rare that she is on her back! she flips to her tummy pretty much as soon as I put her down.

• she has been lifting her upper body up with her arms when she is on her tummy, as if she is going to get into the crawling position. sometimes she will get up on her knees, too... but that's pretty rare, it's usually only her arms

• she has been taking binky's again! I have no idea why she just randomly started liking them, but one day I found one on our night stand and gave it to her to play with {since she likes chewing on things to help her teeth feel better} and she decided to suck on it, and has been ever since! not sure how long it will last, but if she ends up being a binky baby for good, that thing is GONE by her first birthday! preferably about 9 or 10 months, though, before she can talk and ask for it.

• she is still very much a water baby. that's another thing that will always calm her down. if she's fussy because it's almost bed time, but she still needs a bath, she is calm the entire bath. now, taking her out and getting her lotioned/dressed is a whole other story when she's tired!

• she is still very demanding about bed time. it is SO nice to have a child WANT to go to bed at an early time. and she {usually} falls to sleep on her own after I lay her down awake in her bed. there are nights {few and far between} that she is just overly tired, that she just cries when I lay her down, so sometimes I will cuddle her in my arms, and walk around.

• she still sleeps with music. I just turn on the music from her swing.

• one day I was blowing "raspberries" at her, and she started copying me! cutest.thing.ever! she has only done it a couple times since, but gosh I love when babies get to that age that they start copying the facial expressions you do.

• she only poops once or twice a week. it's sooo weird, but this is exactly how Bransyn was and when I talked to his doctor about it, she said it was completely normal! sooo, so weird. especially since when she was smaller, one of her nicknames used to be 'Miss poops-a lot!' hahah. she still lives up to her other nickname 'Miss toots-a lot!', though ;) and it's pretty strange, because for about 2 weeks, EVERY time she would poop, was when we were away from home. and EVERY time, it was a gigantic blowout. one time I even forgot to grab the wipes before we left {we only had one pack left, usually I keep one in the diaper bag, too!} luckily I was with my friend and she had some on her!

• she pulls hair. anytime hair is anywhere in her reach, she grabs it. and she has the death grip down already.

• she HATES taking her vitamins. most of it ends up on her, than in her mouth because she spits them out. I don't blame her, though. they smell NASTY.

• we tried rice cereal when she was almost 4.5 months, but she was NOT a fan of it, so we decided to hold off a bit longer. we might try again now that she's 5 months, but if she's not going for it again, we're not gonna push it. she doesn't really NEED it, though, so if she never goes for it, that's just fine.

• she loves holding people's hands. if they're around her, she grabs them.

• she's really starting to like toys now. especially if she is able to put them in her mouth ;)

• we pulled out Branyn's horsey jumper the other day to see if she'd like it. she likes it for about 10-15 minutes, but then she's done. she doesn't quite realize that she can jump in it yet, either.

• she loves getting attention.

• her little personality is really starting to come on out. this is one of my favorite parts of having a baby. I love when they start to become their own little person.

• she sleeps 12 hours a night. she goes down between 8-8:15am, then she will usually wake up to eat between 4-6am, then goes right back to sleep until about 8am. how did I get such an AMAZING sleeper?! when we first switched her to her bed from her swing, she was waking up 2-3 times a night, but now she is doing SO much better. she knows how precious sleep is ;)

• she also takes 3 naps a day. her first one is around 10am. the next is around 1:30pm. then she'll have her last one between 4-5pm {depending on when she woke up from the previous one} they all usually last about an hour, sometimes her first afternoon one will last a little bit longer, maybe 1.5 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment