Monday, May 23, 2011

2 week appointment {a few days late}

Being a good girl waiting for the Dr (:

Miss Tais had her 2 week appointment today! She actually turned 2 weeks on Friday, but her pediatrician was out of the office the end of last week, so we had to wait a few days for her appointment.
She is now 8lbs 8oz... she has gained exactly a pound since birth! (: Apparently mama juice is doin' it's job well! She is now 21 inches long - 1/2 an inch up from birth. They got her head measurements, too... but I forgot to ask what it was :( They also didn't give me the papers to see what percentile she is in like Bransyn's old office did. Hopefully they just forgot, cause I like knowing what percentile they're in! Dr. Hubbard checked her out & told me that she is just perfect! (: She had to do the PKU test at this appointment... which I was dreading. I hate seeing my babies cry in pain. She actually did really well, though! She kind of fussed when the nurse first sliced her heal, but I was able to sooth her pretty quickly & she actually stayed very calm while the nurse squeezed the blood out of her heal. That always makes it so much easier for mama! (:


She's doing very well so far & she will go back when she is 2 months, which is when she'll get her first shots since birth :( I asked Dr. Hubbard if the calcium spot they found on her heart through the ultra sound was still a concern, since my Dr never confirmed that it went away completely, but he couldn't find anything on it in my file. So he said he would get a hold of my Dr's office & check on it, then let me know at her 2 month what the deal with that is. It was getting smaller every time they checked on it when I was pregnant, so hopefully it is either completely gone by now, or close to it!

While we were there, I also had Dr. Hubbard check Bransyn's 'bumpies' {the skin virus that he has under his left arm} to see if we should freeze the bumps off, or not. He said that they CAN freeze or pop them, but it would leave a scar where each one was. So they usually just like to let them go away on their own, unless they are on the face. The virus usually takes 6-9 months to run it's course, then the bumps will pop on their own & not scar, so we decided to wait it out a little bit longer. He's already had them for almost 6 months, so hopefully not too much longer! If they do start irritating him or he starts picking at them more, we can take him back in to get them removed, but if they're not bugging him I'd rather just let them be & not put him through the whole removing process, since I'm sure it won't feel too great. He also HATES for anyone to touch them & throws a fit if they do, so this will be easier on everyone! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment