Little Miss Taislee is one week old today! So crazy it's already been a week, but at the same time it seems like she has been here forever! Weird how that works, haha! Anyways. This past week has been pretty interesting! Our first night home, we had a bit of trouble getting her to sleep during the night. She pretty much refused to sleep in her own bed. I would get her to sleep, lay her down in her bed & about 5 minutes later, she would be squeakin' & fussing wanting to be either held or fed. It got to the point that if I even sat down with her, she was NOT happy. So needless to say, this mama did not get much sleep! So Sunday, me & her slept quite a bit. She's been doing better at night, still not a fan of her own bed, she would much rather sleep next to her mama - she is JUST like Brans was! ha. There was one night that she didn't want to sleep again, so I ended up sleeping in the rocking chair in the living room with her. We're working on the whole bed thing & hopefully she will start to do better (:
It's been a bit of a challenge adjusting to taking care of 2 little kids by myself during the day. Mainly because I am sooo tired still. Also, Tais has been wanting to be held at ALL times, even if she is asleep. And until my milk came in, she was literally wanting to eat every half an hour. So it was pretty hard to give Brans the attention he needed & it made me feel horrible :( But I'm still trying to get used to it & I know it won't always be like that!
Tonight we had a bit of an issue with her belly button/umbilical cord stump. As I was changing her diaper, I noticed there was a big 'bubble' of blood right above the cord. I googled to see if it was normal, but couldn't find anything. So we decided to take her in, after making a call to her pediatrician. Turns out it was a blood blister on her skin, they think that whoever put the clamp on her cord must of caught some of her skin in it, making a blister & it finally just filled with blood. I'm really not sure if that is what happened, I didn't notice her skin pinched in the clamp, but maybe I just missed it? Who knows! But while they were looking at that, they noticed that her skin was also sticking to the cord & it wasn't drying up properly. So they had to push the skin down, and they also put some stuff on there to help it dry up quicker. So glad it wasn't anything serious, but it still sucks that there was a problem. It looks so yucky now & I can not wait for it to just fall off! haha, poor girl.
Brans is doing really well adjusting to having a new baby sister. We haven't had any jealousy issues yet & he loves her so far! He always likes to give her kisses & is so soft when he does it. He also likes to 'bounce' her in her bouncer & is so gentle. He'll rub her face & talk to her, & it is soo cute. Sometimes he'll sit by me when I'm burping her & tell me that he wants to be burped, too. So I'll pat his back & he'll fake burp (: haha. One thing that we HAVE had an issue with, is him thinking all of the babies things are his. We just have to remind him that he's too big for them (the bouncer, swing, ect.) or that it's Taislee's & she needs it. But other than that, he's been doing really well & I am so relieved! (:
Overall, Tais is such a good baby. It kind of seemed like she was fussy a lot when we first brought her home, (she hardly made a peep in the hospital!) but I think she was just getting used to her surroundings, or something, cause she is such a happy girl now & really doesn't cry or fuss that much! Well, unless she's hungry, getting her diaper changed or getting dressed. Which she IS getting better with getting changed & dressed. The first few days she HATED it, but now she's doing much better (: She smiles SO much, mostly in her sleep... but also just at random times! & they are definitely the cutest little smiles ever (: She reminds me so much of Bransyn when he was a baby, it's crazy! Just with the little faces she makes, the sounds she makes, and just the way she looks! I honestly love it. She definitely sleeps a lot, but it seems like she is awake a lot more & more alert than the 'average' newborn! She is already doing really well with holding her head! She lifts it all the time & loves to look around. If someone is talking to her, she will focus in on them & just stare. Soo cute! Oh, and when she was FOUR days old, she rolled over... from her back, to her tummy, back onto her back - while she was SWADDLED! I was amazed! She hasn't done it again, which doesn't surprise me... she IS only a week old, haha. But I just thought it was so funny that she had done that already! She loves to sleep on her side. I'm not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing... I know TUMMY sleeping is a no-no, but not sure about side sleeping? I always put her to sleep for the night in her sleep positioner, so she doesn't ever roll to her tummy.
It's been quite the week getting used to this new life of mine, but I wouldn't change it for anything! I just love my cute kiddo's & it makes me SO happy that I am able to stay home with them ♥
It's been a bit of a challenge adjusting to taking care of 2 little kids by myself during the day. Mainly because I am sooo tired still. Also, Tais has been wanting to be held at ALL times, even if she is asleep. And until my milk came in, she was literally wanting to eat every half an hour. So it was pretty hard to give Brans the attention he needed & it made me feel horrible :( But I'm still trying to get used to it & I know it won't always be like that!
Tonight we had a bit of an issue with her belly button/umbilical cord stump. As I was changing her diaper, I noticed there was a big 'bubble' of blood right above the cord. I googled to see if it was normal, but couldn't find anything. So we decided to take her in, after making a call to her pediatrician. Turns out it was a blood blister on her skin, they think that whoever put the clamp on her cord must of caught some of her skin in it, making a blister & it finally just filled with blood. I'm really not sure if that is what happened, I didn't notice her skin pinched in the clamp, but maybe I just missed it? Who knows! But while they were looking at that, they noticed that her skin was also sticking to the cord & it wasn't drying up properly. So they had to push the skin down, and they also put some stuff on there to help it dry up quicker. So glad it wasn't anything serious, but it still sucks that there was a problem. It looks so yucky now & I can not wait for it to just fall off! haha, poor girl.
Brans is doing really well adjusting to having a new baby sister. We haven't had any jealousy issues yet & he loves her so far! He always likes to give her kisses & is so soft when he does it. He also likes to 'bounce' her in her bouncer & is so gentle. He'll rub her face & talk to her, & it is soo cute. Sometimes he'll sit by me when I'm burping her & tell me that he wants to be burped, too. So I'll pat his back & he'll fake burp (: haha. One thing that we HAVE had an issue with, is him thinking all of the babies things are his. We just have to remind him that he's too big for them (the bouncer, swing, ect.) or that it's Taislee's & she needs it. But other than that, he's been doing really well & I am so relieved! (:
Overall, Tais is such a good baby. It kind of seemed like she was fussy a lot when we first brought her home, (she hardly made a peep in the hospital!) but I think she was just getting used to her surroundings, or something, cause she is such a happy girl now & really doesn't cry or fuss that much! Well, unless she's hungry, getting her diaper changed or getting dressed. Which she IS getting better with getting changed & dressed. The first few days she HATED it, but now she's doing much better (: She smiles SO much, mostly in her sleep... but also just at random times! & they are definitely the cutest little smiles ever (: She reminds me so much of Bransyn when he was a baby, it's crazy! Just with the little faces she makes, the sounds she makes, and just the way she looks! I honestly love it. She definitely sleeps a lot, but it seems like she is awake a lot more & more alert than the 'average' newborn! She is already doing really well with holding her head! She lifts it all the time & loves to look around. If someone is talking to her, she will focus in on them & just stare. Soo cute! Oh, and when she was FOUR days old, she rolled over... from her back, to her tummy, back onto her back - while she was SWADDLED! I was amazed! She hasn't done it again, which doesn't surprise me... she IS only a week old, haha. But I just thought it was so funny that she had done that already! She loves to sleep on her side. I'm not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing... I know TUMMY sleeping is a no-no, but not sure about side sleeping? I always put her to sleep for the night in her sleep positioner, so she doesn't ever roll to her tummy.
It's been quite the week getting used to this new life of mine, but I wouldn't change it for anything! I just love my cute kiddo's & it makes me SO happy that I am able to stay home with them ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment