Our baby boy is a year and a half!!!
Can you believe it?! Only SIX more months until he is.....
Two.
Oh my gosh.
• he says horse more clearly now. before it used to be 'hoh' but now, it's 'hoyse' And boy, is he obsessed with them! He loves to look at pictures of horses, look out Ryan's back door & see his pa's horse, watch them on the TV and play with toy horses.
• he says 'peace' (: and I LOVE it!
• he says 'cheese' when I pull out my phone or camera to take a picture of him.
• sometimes when I go to take pictures of him, he'll hide his face (like I showed in a previous post)
• he also likes to hide his face when we tell him it's time for bed & he'll run into the corner. Or when we play 'get you'. Or sometimes if you just look at him! haha
• 'get you' is a little thing we play, where we tickle him, then he'll run away & we'll say 'get you! get you!' Well lately he'll switch up the roles & run after us saying 'detchoo'
• he says please if we tell him to. he'll also say thank you sometimes.
• he says 'all right!'
• i think that the reason he doesn't say mama, mom, or mommy is because he's having trouble pronouncing his m's. (or just forgot how to, cause he used to say mama & mom!) The reason I think this, is because everything that he says that starts with an M, he replaces with a B. Ex. mom=ba, moose=boose, macy=bace, moo=boo. the only time he DOES use an M with, is when he goes 'mmmm' (for food, of course! haha)
• he loves to help us with things! the other day I was doing laundry & asked him if he wanted to help. he came running down the hall to help me. as I was sorting through his clothes & mine, I would put his on the floor next to his hamper for him to put in. Every time I would lay a piece of clothing down, I would say pants. Then he would say pants, pick them up & throw them in the hamper. Then I would say shirt, he'd say shirt, pick it up & throw it into the hamper. He would do it with socks & shorts, too. The only thing he wouldn't say, was onesie... because he can't pronounce it! haha.
• he copy's us a lot. whether it's repeating words that we say (good thing we both stopped swearing... for the most part!) or doing what we do. he likes to copy us when we dance in the car, or when I tap my fingers on the desk/counter & he's sitting on my lap, whatever it is... he'll do it!
• he likes to help himself to the pantry. sometimes I find him sitting on the floor eating food that he pulled out of the pantry, sometimes I find him sitting on the floor eating DOG food from the pantry. Taking after his aunty Ashlyn with the dog food... ;) hahahahaha, sorry Ash!
• he thinks it is hilarious to pick up the dog food out of the bowl & have Bandit eat it out of his hands. Or he likes to grab a handful & throw it on the ground for Bandit to get.
• he says 'ban' for Bandit
• he's learned how to open the pantry doors... that would explain him always getting in there.
• he has an obsession with opening & closing doors. he can open my bedroom door (because it's broken & doesn't stay closed unless you lift it up to lock into place -- really confusing!) he can open doors that have the pull down handles. Luckily he hasn't been able to open the twisty knob doors, yet. But he can close any door.
• he likes to say 'ow' whenever I give him food. he pretends it's hot, without even touching it! haha.
• he can put his shoes on himself. sometimes he can only get the right one on, for some reason. but he does get them both on at times. and on the CORRECT feet! (it's just his slip-on ones, since the other ones have to be tied) I'd say that's pretty good for a 1 1/2 year old!
• he's still obsessed with everyone else's shoes, too. And he can put those on the right feet as well!
• he still talks a lot of 'gibberish' but is getting better & better with his words everyday!
• he loves to turn the tv off & on.
• he eats regular cereal for breakfast. not everyday, but that's one of his fav's!
• he sings (: he'll say 'la la la la' or, he will sing along to certain songs:
- Baby by Justin Beiber
He'll sing the 'Oooh' part at the beginning and also the 'baby baby baby' part.
- Don't Stop Believing The cover done by Sam Tsui
He'll sing the 'da da da da' parts
- Say Aah by Trey Songz
He'll sing the 'ahh ahh ahh' parts.
It's super cute! (:
• he absolutely LOVES to play outside! I'm sure he would stay out there alll day long if he could!
• he has FINALLY learned how to go DOWN the stairs. the first half, he'll go down backwards. Then when he turns the corner to go down the second half, he'll try to hold onto the railing & walk down them, but slips onto his but & just scoots down the forward. (the only house we ever go to that has stairs in is the house I babysit at, & that's how their stairs are)
• he loves to rub lotion on his belly & hair. haha. he also loves to put hand sanitizer on his hands. every time he see's the bottle, he'll put his hand out for a squirt. (don't worry, I only give him a teensy bit & make sure it's completely dry before I put him down)
• he is really good at following simple commands & seems to understand really well!
• he always opens & closes his mouth when he shakes his head yes. it is HILARIOUS to watch! (:
Our little man is getting SO big & definitely learning things faster then I can keep up! He's got quite the personality & we just love him!
Seriously can't believe it's been a year & a half since he was born, though!
Time to start the party planning for Birthday #2! I've already got the theme picked out, some ideas for his 2 year pictures & the invitations, some of the decorations & stuff to go along with the theme! I'm trying to figure out a location, and find a photographer. (I was kinda bummed at the pictures we got from his 1st... so if I can find a photographer to come for a reasonable price & we have the extra money... I'll do that! Crossing my fingers it's possible, cause big events like this I like to have GOOD pictures! :)
Can you believe it?! Only SIX more months until he is.....
Two.
Oh my gosh.
• he says horse more clearly now. before it used to be 'hoh' but now, it's 'hoyse' And boy, is he obsessed with them! He loves to look at pictures of horses, look out Ryan's back door & see his pa's horse, watch them on the TV and play with toy horses.
• he says 'peace' (: and I LOVE it!
• he says 'cheese' when I pull out my phone or camera to take a picture of him.
• sometimes when I go to take pictures of him, he'll hide his face (like I showed in a previous post)
• he also likes to hide his face when we tell him it's time for bed & he'll run into the corner. Or when we play 'get you'. Or sometimes if you just look at him! haha
• 'get you' is a little thing we play, where we tickle him, then he'll run away & we'll say 'get you! get you!' Well lately he'll switch up the roles & run after us saying 'detchoo'
• he says please if we tell him to. he'll also say thank you sometimes.
• he says 'all right!'
• i think that the reason he doesn't say mama, mom, or mommy is because he's having trouble pronouncing his m's. (or just forgot how to, cause he used to say mama & mom!) The reason I think this, is because everything that he says that starts with an M, he replaces with a B. Ex. mom=ba, moose=boose, macy=bace, moo=boo. the only time he DOES use an M with, is when he goes 'mmmm' (for food, of course! haha)
• he loves to help us with things! the other day I was doing laundry & asked him if he wanted to help. he came running down the hall to help me. as I was sorting through his clothes & mine, I would put his on the floor next to his hamper for him to put in. Every time I would lay a piece of clothing down, I would say pants. Then he would say pants, pick them up & throw them in the hamper. Then I would say shirt, he'd say shirt, pick it up & throw it into the hamper. He would do it with socks & shorts, too. The only thing he wouldn't say, was onesie... because he can't pronounce it! haha.
• he copy's us a lot. whether it's repeating words that we say (good thing we both stopped swearing... for the most part!) or doing what we do. he likes to copy us when we dance in the car, or when I tap my fingers on the desk/counter & he's sitting on my lap, whatever it is... he'll do it!
• he likes to help himself to the pantry. sometimes I find him sitting on the floor eating food that he pulled out of the pantry, sometimes I find him sitting on the floor eating DOG food from the pantry. Taking after his aunty Ashlyn with the dog food... ;) hahahahaha, sorry Ash!
• he thinks it is hilarious to pick up the dog food out of the bowl & have Bandit eat it out of his hands. Or he likes to grab a handful & throw it on the ground for Bandit to get.
• he says 'ban' for Bandit
• he's learned how to open the pantry doors... that would explain him always getting in there.
• he has an obsession with opening & closing doors. he can open my bedroom door (because it's broken & doesn't stay closed unless you lift it up to lock into place -- really confusing!) he can open doors that have the pull down handles. Luckily he hasn't been able to open the twisty knob doors, yet. But he can close any door.
• he likes to say 'ow' whenever I give him food. he pretends it's hot, without even touching it! haha.
• he can put his shoes on himself. sometimes he can only get the right one on, for some reason. but he does get them both on at times. and on the CORRECT feet! (it's just his slip-on ones, since the other ones have to be tied) I'd say that's pretty good for a 1 1/2 year old!
• he's still obsessed with everyone else's shoes, too. And he can put those on the right feet as well!
• he still talks a lot of 'gibberish' but is getting better & better with his words everyday!
• he loves to turn the tv off & on.
• he eats regular cereal for breakfast. not everyday, but that's one of his fav's!
• he sings (: he'll say 'la la la la' or, he will sing along to certain songs:
- Baby by Justin Beiber
He'll sing the 'Oooh' part at the beginning and also the 'baby baby baby' part.
- Don't Stop Believing The cover done by Sam Tsui
He'll sing the 'da da da da' parts
- Say Aah by Trey Songz
He'll sing the 'ahh ahh ahh' parts.
It's super cute! (:
• he absolutely LOVES to play outside! I'm sure he would stay out there alll day long if he could!
• he has FINALLY learned how to go DOWN the stairs. the first half, he'll go down backwards. Then when he turns the corner to go down the second half, he'll try to hold onto the railing & walk down them, but slips onto his but & just scoots down the forward. (the only house we ever go to that has stairs in is the house I babysit at, & that's how their stairs are)
• he loves to rub lotion on his belly & hair. haha. he also loves to put hand sanitizer on his hands. every time he see's the bottle, he'll put his hand out for a squirt. (don't worry, I only give him a teensy bit & make sure it's completely dry before I put him down)
• he is really good at following simple commands & seems to understand really well!
• he always opens & closes his mouth when he shakes his head yes. it is HILARIOUS to watch! (:
Our little man is getting SO big & definitely learning things faster then I can keep up! He's got quite the personality & we just love him!
Seriously can't believe it's been a year & a half since he was born, though!
Time to start the party planning for Birthday #2! I've already got the theme picked out, some ideas for his 2 year pictures & the invitations, some of the decorations & stuff to go along with the theme! I'm trying to figure out a location, and find a photographer. (I was kinda bummed at the pictures we got from his 1st... so if I can find a photographer to come for a reasonable price & we have the extra money... I'll do that! Crossing my fingers it's possible, cause big events like this I like to have GOOD pictures! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment