Monday, May 3, 2010

Ryan's Birthday Weekend!

This past Friday - April, 30 - was Ryan's 25th birthday.... 25!!! Wow, he's old! Halfway to 50 ;)
He had to work during the day (Just a side job to help out, still no 'real' job yet. :/ ) but he got off around 4:00, so that we could get ready to head to an event at the Las Vegas speedway, since that's what he chose to do for his birthday. I was planning on going to get him a cake to surprise him with, but when I was getting ready to leave, he called & said he was getting off & headed to my house, so I needed to be ready. So no surprise cake.... yet ;) When he got to my house, he got ready & we headed up to his house to drop Bransyn off with Ry's parents. We were supposed to be meeting up with a group of people, so after that we left pretty quick. We headed over to the place that Ryan was working at to meet up with everyone. Which took......... FOREVERRR! After waiting like an hour, we decided to go get some food from In n Out before leaving town. We finally got on the freeway at almost 8:00!

The Birthday Boyyyyy! (:


Us ♥ waiting in line!

So we did the whole 'Midnight Mayhem' thingy, then headed home around midnight Utah time. We were both SO tired, by the time we got to the gorge, I couldn't even stay awake, even though I was trying SO hard to! Ha. I always feel so bad when I fall asleep & Ry still has to drive. But we got home between 1-2 & went straight to bed! haha.

The next day, Ryan was working a diesel event that was being held at the place he had been helping out at. (Toxic Diesel, I believe it's called?! Ha, I'm horrible... I don't even remember the name!) So he headed there at about 8 am and I was planning on going there a little later in the day. I got B fed in the morning, played for a while, then we took a FOUR hour nap! haha, it was sooo needed. After that, I headed home to get ready. Which took FOREVER, because it was the same day as the 'Ironman' event in St. George, & the bike race was on the highway coming down from Ryan's house. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to get from his house to mine, but this day it took about 45! It was redic! haha. So after I got ready, me & B headed over the the diesel event, to hang out with Ry. We got there & right away, Bransyn's eyes were glued to the trucks on the dyno ! He loved it! It's so crazy how obsessed with trucks he already is.... Thanks to his daddy! haha. And although it can get annoying with Ry talking about them all the time, I'm glad that they already share an interest in something!



After the first few trucks were done, he would start crying/whining because they weren't going anymore! haha. It was so funny. He also kept trying to run up to them when we had him out of his stroller! Silly boy (:

After that was over, I headed back 'home' while Ry went & dropped his friend off at his house. And by 'home' I mean I stuck to the store while Ryan thought I was going home (: I bought him a CHEESEcake, instead of a 'normal' cake (the regular cakes were tooo girly & didn't sound good! haha) And my plan almost got ruined, cause Ryan got to my house before I did... & called me wondering how he got there first! haha. So I blamed it on the Ironman traffic, and it worked ;)
While he was in the shower, I got the cake all ready for him to be surprised with when he got out! A few minutes after I heard the water go off, I lit the candles, hoping he was gonna come out right after. Well, he didn't. So I had to call him out & tell him it was an emergency so that the candles didn't melt all the way! haha. So out he came in his towel, seeing my surprise birthday cake! (: haha. Which is why he doesn't have a shirt on in these pictures.


Since there was no way I was gonna fit 25 candles on that cake (& I didn't want to do the number candles) I put two candles on one side, and 5 candles on the other (:

Pretending to blow his candles out....

.... He knew they were trick candles, so he licked his fingers & pinched the flames. hahah! Funny thing is, I didn't even mean to or know that I got trick candles!


And the cheesecake was miiiiighty yummy! (:

After the cake, the 3 of us went to eat at Chili's, then went back to his house for the night.

The next morning, I let him sleep in, since he didn't get to ON his birthday, or even the day after. Then we just kinda hung out the rest of the morning/early afternoon, until I went home to do laundry & get ready. Then at 4 we went to dinner at Samurai 21 with Ryan's parent's and his sister & her husband, to celebrate both Ryan & Josh's (his brother-in-law) birthdays!

So it was a pretty good weekend, I hope that Ry had a good birthday! Oh, and I forgot to mention his gifts! haha. His parents paid for him to dyno his truck, and $100 from me (:

No comments:

Post a Comment