Friday, May 7, 2010

My boy wants to. . .

potty all the time....



Yes, that's right.


POTTY.



Today, Bransyn used his potty - for something other then a seat - for the very first time...





He went pee pee in his potty!


Not once.
Not twice..
But THREE times!



The first time I stuck him on there, I got his 'Potty Time Elmo' book so that he would sit there for longer then 5 seconds. This book is one of the talking ones, where you push the buttons on the side. A few pages in, I notice he was, um, sticking his hand in the potty. So as I was telling him no & removing his hand from there... I notice that he had gone pee pee! So of course, we had to go wake daddy up & show him, and also go show Grandma. This is a big moment, didn't you know?

The second time, I was in the bathroom getting ready & he came in there, opened the lid to his potty, and was trying to sit on it, while saying 'pee pee' So I said, 'Oh you have to go pee pee?' Thinking that he just wanted to chill on the potty, like he has so many times before. So I take his diaper off (he didn't have clothes on, ha) and sit him on there. He starts going right away! And yes. We showed daddy & Grandma... again. (:

Time number 3, was when I was changing his diaper & I thought I would just try sticking him on there to just kind of get in his head, that's where you go to go potty. (since his diaper was pretty close to dry!) And sure enough, he goes for a third time... in ONE day!

I am SO proud of this little man! We are not even actively trying to potty train him! He got a potty for Christmas, and every once in a while we'll sit him on there just so he'll get used to it. Usually he'll sit there for a few seconds, then get up. I guess the other day while my mom was watching him, he was saying 'poo poo', so my mom went & sat him on the potty & he was acting like he was trying to go, but never did. So he definitely knows what it's for! And he knows what pee pee & poo poo means, too. haha.

We're still not gonna force potty training on him quite yet. But we will continue to stick him on there every once in a while, just so that he is used to and comfortable with the potty. And also so that he knows what to do on there by the time we do start the actual potty training, which will be at least after he turns 2. Unless of course he decides that HE wants to use the potty all the time. I am hoping that since he's already doing this, the real potty training will be a piece of cake ;) Crossing my fingers! haha




Good job, Bransyn! We are sooo proud of you! (:


1 comment:

  1. YAYYYY! BRANSyN!!
    YOU HAVE THE SMARTEST BABY BOY LESH!

    ReplyDelete