A High School Graduate!!!
That's right, I took my GED today & passed!
I am 2 years late, but better late then never, right? (:
I worked my butt off for 2 weeks straight (plus some other random days prior to those 2 weeks)
got all of my hours & work done in class.
Wrote an essay at home.
Then got signed up to take the biggest test of my life. (Thus far)
I went in feeling pretty confident. I mean, I wanted to pass... I didn't want to think I was gonna fail & bring those negative vibes.
First I did the 2 parts to the math test, 45 questions each. I thought there were a few questions that were quite challenging, but overall... it was easier then I thought it would be.
Then I did the writing part of the English test. That was 50 multiple choice questions, plus an essay at the end. The essay was what I was most worried about, since I didn't get to choose the topic. Luckily, I got a VERY easy topic
{What was a major change in your life that had a positive effect on you?}
I wrote about having Bransyn.
Then I went to lunch with Ryan & my mama.
When I came back, I did the Science test. A few questions in, my confidence went down.
There was not a lot on there that I KNEW right away. I had to reallly think about each choice that was given, and chose the answers I felt best fit each question. After that subject, I wasn't sure if I would pass.
Then came the Social Studies test. And my confidence went even MORE down. After this test, I just knew that I wasn't going to pass. I did my absolute best, but I didn't think that it was good enough.
The last test of the day, was the reading part of the English test. I thought this one was easy peasy (:
After I finished my last test, I went out to go to the bathroom, came back & sat on the couch in the waiting area and waited nervously for them to come give me my results.
When the guy walked out, he had this look on his face like he was about to tell me 'I'm sorry, but you didn't pass. Better luck next time!'
& I felt my heart sink.
But what he REALLLY said.. shocked me.
'You did it.'
'Uhh, wha.. I DID?!'
was my reply.
I grabbed the envelope & walked out the door.
I opened it up, looked at my diploma, and got the biggest smile on my face that didn't leave the rest of the day.
I really did it.
Finally.
:)
(excuse the horrible lighting & me looking all nasty... it was a lonnnng day of testing ;)
The cake my mama got me.
The girl that wrote on it obviously did not have very much experience, haha.
But it sure was yummy (:
(& by the way, its spelled conGRADulations for a reason ;)

I feel so accomplished (:
My graduation ceremony will be on June 24th at 7:00 pm
I'm so glad they are having a ceremony for this school, cause that's one thing I realllly felt like I missed out on by not graduating with my class.
I still can't believe that
I did it.
That's right, I took my GED today & passed!
I am 2 years late, but better late then never, right? (:
I worked my butt off for 2 weeks straight (plus some other random days prior to those 2 weeks)
got all of my hours & work done in class.
Wrote an essay at home.
Then got signed up to take the biggest test of my life. (Thus far)
I went in feeling pretty confident. I mean, I wanted to pass... I didn't want to think I was gonna fail & bring those negative vibes.
First I did the 2 parts to the math test, 45 questions each. I thought there were a few questions that were quite challenging, but overall... it was easier then I thought it would be.
Then I did the writing part of the English test. That was 50 multiple choice questions, plus an essay at the end. The essay was what I was most worried about, since I didn't get to choose the topic. Luckily, I got a VERY easy topic
{What was a major change in your life that had a positive effect on you?}
I wrote about having Bransyn.
Then I went to lunch with Ryan & my mama.
When I came back, I did the Science test. A few questions in, my confidence went down.
There was not a lot on there that I KNEW right away. I had to reallly think about each choice that was given, and chose the answers I felt best fit each question. After that subject, I wasn't sure if I would pass.
Then came the Social Studies test. And my confidence went even MORE down. After this test, I just knew that I wasn't going to pass. I did my absolute best, but I didn't think that it was good enough.
The last test of the day, was the reading part of the English test. I thought this one was easy peasy (:
After I finished my last test, I went out to go to the bathroom, came back & sat on the couch in the waiting area and waited nervously for them to come give me my results.
When the guy walked out, he had this look on his face like he was about to tell me 'I'm sorry, but you didn't pass. Better luck next time!'
& I felt my heart sink.
But what he REALLLY said.. shocked me.
'You did it.'
'Uhh, wha.. I DID?!'
was my reply.
I grabbed the envelope & walked out the door.
I opened it up, looked at my diploma, and got the biggest smile on my face that didn't leave the rest of the day.
I really did it.
Finally.
:)
The girl that wrote on it obviously did not have very much experience, haha.
But it sure was yummy (:
(& by the way, its spelled conGRADulations for a reason ;)
I feel so accomplished (:
My graduation ceremony will be on June 24th at 7:00 pm
I'm so glad they are having a ceremony for this school, cause that's one thing I realllly felt like I missed out on by not graduating with my class.
I still can't believe that
I did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment