I had my very last MONTHLY appointment today! It's so exciting to finally get to this point in my pregnancy, although it is a teensy bit bittersweet! I will start going every TWO weeks now! Eeek! You know you're getting close when you have to go to the Dr so often ;)
Anyways, about my appointment.
Dr. Lunt was apparently pretty swamped with other patients, so I wasn't able to see him today. It's times like this that I am SO glad I have 2 doctors in the same office, that I love! Lisa was able to talk things over with him briefly before coming in to see me. They would still like me to stay on bed rest until my next ultra sound, along with drinking a gallon of fluids each day. They decided to let me go 2 weeks until my next ultra sound, because the fluid level is 'stable'. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I would definitely like to be seen sooner, just to make sure it's not getting any lower. But if they feel like it will be okay, then I'll deal. She said to just make sure I am feeling the baby move a decent amount of times during the day & if I feel like ANYTHING is not right, to call them & they will get me checked right away. I'm hoping that since I have 2 weeks in between ultra sounds this time, the fluid will increase more than it did this week.
I also passed my glucose test... YAY!!! I was seriously dreading having to drink another one of those nasty things & having to sit there for 3 hours & having my blood drawn way too many times. I honestly do not know how I passed, cause I'm always craving something sweet & sugary, and, of course, I always give in to those cravings when I am able to! haha. But I'm definitely glad I passed!
I also found out that I am, yet again, anemic. Surprise, surprise! So I get to start taking iron supplements. Hopefully that will help with the dizziness & make me feel a little bit better!
My uterus measured right on again! Which is a good thing, but it's kind of weird to me that I'm measuring right on, but I have low fluid? Hmm, I dunno. I hope that doesn't mean baby girl is HUGE! haha. (I only say that because if she is too big, I will need a c-section to avoid the shoulder dystocia problem I had while delivering Bransyn. And I would like to avoid a c-section as much as I possibly can!)
I asked when they start worrying about the baby being breech & she said it's not a huge deal until around 36 weeks. At that point they will try manually turning the baby, but I would have to look into that a LOT more before doing it. (figuring out how it's done, the risks, if it hurts the baby at all, ect.) I would really, reallllly love for this little punk to flip on her own, though! haha.
Anyways, that is pretty much everything! I go back in for my ultra sound and 30 week appointment on March 2nd!
Anyways, about my appointment.
Dr. Lunt was apparently pretty swamped with other patients, so I wasn't able to see him today. It's times like this that I am SO glad I have 2 doctors in the same office, that I love! Lisa was able to talk things over with him briefly before coming in to see me. They would still like me to stay on bed rest until my next ultra sound, along with drinking a gallon of fluids each day. They decided to let me go 2 weeks until my next ultra sound, because the fluid level is 'stable'. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I would definitely like to be seen sooner, just to make sure it's not getting any lower. But if they feel like it will be okay, then I'll deal. She said to just make sure I am feeling the baby move a decent amount of times during the day & if I feel like ANYTHING is not right, to call them & they will get me checked right away. I'm hoping that since I have 2 weeks in between ultra sounds this time, the fluid will increase more than it did this week.
I also passed my glucose test... YAY!!! I was seriously dreading having to drink another one of those nasty things & having to sit there for 3 hours & having my blood drawn way too many times. I honestly do not know how I passed, cause I'm always craving something sweet & sugary, and, of course, I always give in to those cravings when I am able to! haha. But I'm definitely glad I passed!
I also found out that I am, yet again, anemic. Surprise, surprise! So I get to start taking iron supplements. Hopefully that will help with the dizziness & make me feel a little bit better!
My uterus measured right on again! Which is a good thing, but it's kind of weird to me that I'm measuring right on, but I have low fluid? Hmm, I dunno. I hope that doesn't mean baby girl is HUGE! haha. (I only say that because if she is too big, I will need a c-section to avoid the shoulder dystocia problem I had while delivering Bransyn. And I would like to avoid a c-section as much as I possibly can!)
I asked when they start worrying about the baby being breech & she said it's not a huge deal until around 36 weeks. At that point they will try manually turning the baby, but I would have to look into that a LOT more before doing it. (figuring out how it's done, the risks, if it hurts the baby at all, ect.) I would really, reallllly love for this little punk to flip on her own, though! haha.
Anyways, that is pretty much everything! I go back in for my ultra sound and 30 week appointment on March 2nd!
No comments:
Post a Comment