Monday, February 7, 2011
Follow Up Ultra Sound.
I had my follow up ultra sound today to check on the baby’s heart. Just to remind everyone, during my anatomy scan, baby girl was in an awkward position & didn’t want to move, so the ultra sound tech couldn’t see every part of the heart that she needed to see. Also, she discovered a calcium build up spot on her heart. So this follow up was to get the rest of the anatomy scan on the heart done & to check on that calcium spot. Of course, missy was being stubborn & didn’t want to move… again. So it took a while to get the right view of her heart. Finally, the tech got what she needed. She also re-measured the calcium spot & it is getting smaller, which is exactly what it is supposed to be doing! So that went well (: However, after checking on those things, things went a little unexpectedly. The tech noticed that the amniotic fluid was looking a little bit low, so she decided she better measure that as well. It was indeed low from those measurements. She bad me empty my bladder & measured again, just to make sure. Same result. She informed me that the fluid was only measuring at 6.5 (I can’t remember the measurement they use?!) which means there is only about 65% of the fluid that should be in there. She described it as ‘scary low’ & definitely something to be concerned about. She decided to go talk to one of my dr’s to see what kind of action we should take. When she got back from talking with her, she told me that they decided it would be best for me to go on strict bed rest, along with drinking at least a gallon of fluid every day. Of course, I gave her a look like she was crazy & told her I have a 2 year old to take care of! How the heck am I supposed to go on strict bed rest when I have Mr. B to take care of?! She said that at this point, this is the only way to try to get those fluid levels up, so I would have to figure something out with B. If the fluid gets TOO low, they will have no choice but to deliver her. Once the fluid gets below a certain point, it is no longer safe for a baby to remain in the womb. That is most definitely something we do NOT want to have happen, so I will be doing whatever it takes to get this problem resolved. I remember when I had to have fluid checks with Brans, it was always measuring at least 11. That is a HUGE difference & actually scares the crap out of me that this baby is living in such little fluid. I have been noticing that this baby does not move as much as Bransyn did. I just figured it’s because they are 2 different babies & she just seems to be more calm than he was. But the tech informed me, that if there is not very much fluid in there, it makes it harder for them to move around. She is also head-up right now, which I was really hoping she would of flipped by now, but obviously since it’s harder for her to move in there, that’s why she has most likely not flipped yet. Anyways, I will be on bed rest until at least next Monday, when they will check the fluid again. I am hoping & praying with everything in me that this will help & we can get an increase in fluid! Until then, I am only ’allowed’ to get up to use the restroom. No cleaning, no cooking, no laundry, no walking around, nothing. Of course, since I am by myself all day, I have to get myself food, so I will have to do that as quick as possible. I am also able to get Bransyn breakfast in the morning, as long as it is something really quick so that I can avoid being on my feet for very long. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with him this week, since I will not be able to fully care for him myself. I feel horrible. I don’t want him to feel like I am neglecting him, or just sending him away everyday. But I have to do this to keep our baby girl safe & healthy to avoid her being born 3 months early. So anyways, we’ll see how this goes I guess! I’m sure this is going to be the most boring week of my life, & I don’t know what I’m gonna do to keep myself busy, but it will be worth it for my sweet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment