Well it's been a week since I went on bed rest, so I had my follow up ultra sound today. I actually went in & did my glucose test before my appointment... & well, that was about as fun as getting my hand nailed to a wall. I just hope I don't fail this one & have to do the 3 hour one! Anyways, back to the ultra sound. After a week of barely getting out of bed & drinking over a gallon of fluid (water & sugar-free crystal light) every single day, I was pretty hopeful that we would see a pretty good increase in fluid. After the tech found all of the fluid pockets & measured them, she informed me that there really is not much of a difference. Last week, the fluid was measuring at 6.5cm. Today, it was only at 6.9cm. A .4 difference, is really not a difference at all. She said that with everything I did, we should of seen AT LEAST a cm more. It is a good thing that the fluid hasn't gotten any lower, but this 'change' is not impressive at all. She is still in the 'safe zone' but she definitely needs more fluid in there, especially as she continues to grow. The tech did all the measurements on baby girl to make sure she was still growing & measuring right. I am 27w4d today & little miss is measuring at 27w3d, which is perfect! I am so glad that her growth isn't being affected by this! (& I pray with everything in me that it continues to stay that way!) So as of right now, I will remain on bed rest & continue drinking WAY too much water. I have an actual Dr appointment with Dr. Lunt on Wednesday, so I will discuss everything with him then. I'm not exactly sure what he will want to do. The tech told me that he may want to send me to a specialist so that they can get a better look at my placenta & the blood flow through the cord, just to make sure everything is going okay in there. She said that from the outside, it looks like a perfectly normal & healthy placenta, but sometimes it can look okay on the outside, but something could be going wrong on the inside. I am hoping everything is okay in there, because there really isn't anything you can do about placenta issues! They will also continue having me come in for weekly ultra sounds... extra close monitoring is really important. It's just SO frustrating that I barely see my son for a week, I haven't even felt like a very good mom because I can't take care of him on my own. I stay in bed all day long except to go to the restroom & get myself breakfast & lunch, feeling like I am going to go insane because I am so dang bored. I drink MORE water than they tell me I need to, because I am so desperate to get this whole thing resolved & keep my baby safe. And yet, no change. And not only is it frustrating, I am worried every single second of the day. I know at this point she is still safe inside my tummy, continuing to grow & develop just like she should, but I am SO scared that the fluid is not going to get any better & they will end up having to deliver her early. I know I am not strong enough to watch my sweet little helpless baby fight for her life, have multiple tubes going into her body & having to live in a hospital for the first few months of life. And more than that, she doesn't deserve to start life out that way. I know I'm just getting WAY ahead of myself & thinking of the worst, but I can't help it. I try to stay as positive as I possibly can & I hate when I let my mind think like that. But I think it comes with being a mom. Whether I want to think about it or not, I guess I have to kind of prepare myself for what could happen. The ultra sound tech talked to me a little about it & I'm sure my Dr will as well, just so that I am aware it IS a possibility. I am just SO beyond thankful that we are not to that point & I am going to do every single thing I possibly can to make sure this girl makes it into this world as healthy as can be! (: For now, we take it one week at a time. Even just one day at a time. Every day that passes that she remains in there, makes a huge difference! Anyways, I will be sure to update about my appointment on Wednesday & my next ultra sound! Until then, I continue to drink myself sick (with water, silly's ;) and bore myself to death all day long. As sucky as it is, it is so worth it for my daughter!
Oh. And she is still breech.
Oh. And she is still breech.
No comments:
Post a Comment