I finally got Bransyn's birthday party invitations made!
Well, not quite MADE yet.
But Monday, I took my design into Steam Roller Copies & told the lady exactly what I wanted.
She said she'd get them made, send me a preview & they'd be done in a couple days.
Since I had it all drawn out & the pictures on a disc & labeled, she said it'd take MAYBE half an hour to get everything laid out & ready for me to see.
Hmm. Day 3.
Still no preview.
I am getting VERY impatient waiting for this preview!
I'm pretty sure I've checked my e-mail about 80 times in the past 2 days.
I want to make sure everything is perfect so that I'm not sending invitations out 2 weeks before his party. I would of LIKED to have them out 6 weeks before the party, but had to wait for Bransyn to turn 11 months for the picture.
ANYWAYS, I'll stop complaining about the invitations taking so long.
It feels good to have at least that much done. . .
That is until I think about how much I still have to plan & get done.
• I found a design for a cake that I am going to try to make.
It's made with fondant, & I've never made a cake with that before. & to tell you the truth, I'm not even close to being the worlds best baker.
I suck at making cakes, actually.
BUT, I really am gonna try my best!
I really want him to have a great cake for his first birthday.
(and I definitely can't afford to have someone make a nice one)
I'm gonna do a 'test run' this weekend with the same design, just do it in Halloween colors (& without his name & a big 1 on it, haha)
That way I'll kinda know what I'm doing & have a teensy bit of experience before I make the important one!
Hopefully it turns out good!
MAYBE I'll post pictures of how this test run goes. . . I might want it to be a surprise of what his cake is gonna look like.
But who knows, maybe if it turns out good, I'll be so proud of myself I'll have to post pics. ;)
Here's to wishful thinking that it'll turn out good!
• I still gotta think of what his 'smash cake' is gonna look like.
Hmm.
• I know the colors & 'theme' I'm gonna do.
I'll get everything I need for that probably after Halloween is done with.
• I have absolutely NO ideas for games/activities, ect. to do.
If anyone has ANY ideas, please please please share!
I'm open to any! (:
I want to do a pinata for all the kids, but since we're having the party at my house, I don't know where that can be done at :/
I'll figure it out!
• I haven't gone shopping for even ONE of his birthday gifts.
I suck.
A few months back, Ryan & I decided on everything we were gonna get him, but some of the things I don't think he'll be interested in anymore. SO, I don't have very many ideas on what to get him now.
• I need more ideas on party favors for the kids.
I know there's more, but I think these are the most important ones!
I'm have so much to do, & so little time!
Can you believe my lil man is gonne be one in LESS than a month?!
Well, not quite MADE yet.
But Monday, I took my design into Steam Roller Copies & told the lady exactly what I wanted.
She said she'd get them made, send me a preview & they'd be done in a couple days.
Since I had it all drawn out & the pictures on a disc & labeled, she said it'd take MAYBE half an hour to get everything laid out & ready for me to see.
Hmm. Day 3.
Still no preview.
I am getting VERY impatient waiting for this preview!
I'm pretty sure I've checked my e-mail about 80 times in the past 2 days.
I want to make sure everything is perfect so that I'm not sending invitations out 2 weeks before his party. I would of LIKED to have them out 6 weeks before the party, but had to wait for Bransyn to turn 11 months for the picture.
ANYWAYS, I'll stop complaining about the invitations taking so long.
It feels good to have at least that much done. . .
That is until I think about how much I still have to plan & get done.
• I found a design for a cake that I am going to try to make.
It's made with fondant, & I've never made a cake with that before. & to tell you the truth, I'm not even close to being the worlds best baker.
I suck at making cakes, actually.
BUT, I really am gonna try my best!
I really want him to have a great cake for his first birthday.
(and I definitely can't afford to have someone make a nice one)
I'm gonna do a 'test run' this weekend with the same design, just do it in Halloween colors (& without his name & a big 1 on it, haha)
That way I'll kinda know what I'm doing & have a teensy bit of experience before I make the important one!
Hopefully it turns out good!
MAYBE I'll post pictures of how this test run goes. . . I might want it to be a surprise of what his cake is gonna look like.
But who knows, maybe if it turns out good, I'll be so proud of myself I'll have to post pics. ;)
Here's to wishful thinking that it'll turn out good!
• I still gotta think of what his 'smash cake' is gonna look like.
Hmm.
• I know the colors & 'theme' I'm gonna do.
I'll get everything I need for that probably after Halloween is done with.
• I have absolutely NO ideas for games/activities, ect. to do.
If anyone has ANY ideas, please please please share!
I'm open to any! (:
I want to do a pinata for all the kids, but since we're having the party at my house, I don't know where that can be done at :/
I'll figure it out!
• I haven't gone shopping for even ONE of his birthday gifts.
I suck.
A few months back, Ryan & I decided on everything we were gonna get him, but some of the things I don't think he'll be interested in anymore. SO, I don't have very many ideas on what to get him now.
• I need more ideas on party favors for the kids.
I know there's more, but I think these are the most important ones!
I'm have so much to do, & so little time!
Can you believe my lil man is gonne be one in LESS than a month?!
No comments:
Post a Comment