Even more so now that I have a child that I have to keep healthy.
2 weeks ago this past Saturday, I woke up at 3:00 in the morning with a tummy ache. I sat in my bed for a good 15 minutes, knowing that any minute I would be running to the bathroom. & boy was I right. I had to call Ryan at 3:30 am to come take care of Bransyn, because I was officially throwing up & felt horribly sick. I left my room & layed in the hallway outside the bathroom door, and then to the living room couch so that I wouldn't get Ryan or the baby sick, since they were in my room. Well, not even 2 hours later, Ryan came into the living room telling me he wasn't feeling too good. GREAT. Now both of us are sick. So I had to go wake my mom up to ask if she would take care of Bransyn, so that he didn't end up sick as well. I was up at least once an hour throwing up, until 2 pm when I went to the doctor. I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious (meaning swine flu, haha) since my 10 month old was in the same room as me when I started feeling sick & I definitely didn't want him catching anything serious. Well, it wasn't swine flu or any flu --thank god-- just a little stomach bug. But it was HORRIBLE. They gave me a zofran shot to help with the vomiting & nausea, and also a prescription for zofran pills. Those are the BEST things ever invented. I didn't throw up once after that. I fell asleep on the way home, & slept the rest of the day. I was SO tired & super sore, I could barely even move. My phone was off alll day, because it died & I couldn't move enough to plug it into the charger... which was plugged into the wall right next to me. Ryan was also really tired & slept all day. Lucky for him, he wasn't sore at all. The next day, we were both feeling better... I just had a REALLY bad headache, which was a side effect from the zofran. But the worst part -- I hadn't seen or held my baby for almost 48 hours :( My mom, Ashlyn, Ryan's parents & his sister were all taking care of him while we got better. That was a HUGE help! I am soo thankful to have them to do that for us.
Well, the weekend after that. Ashlyn & Riley got the same thing. Then this past Monday, Amanda came down with it. Awesome, it's back in our house. So Tuesday when I got home from babysitting, Kalei (I started babysitting her this past week, for anyone who didn't know. & for anyone else that doesn't know who she is, she's my 4 year old cousin!) was asleep on the couch & woke up crying saying her tummy hurt. Well, what do ya know... right as I ask her what's wrong, she shows me. haha. So I get her all cleaned up & she falls back asleep on the couch. Well, I keep checking on Bransyn cause I was scared he was gonna get it now. I swear I checked his temperature 20 times in 2 hours. He had a small fever -- low 99's. So I just kept an eye on it. He went down for a nap in the swing & as I was walking by about ten minutes into it, he woke up & kinda gagged. Heeere we go again. I went over to him & put the swing into the upward position & started rubbing his head telling him he's okay & mama will take care of him. Right after I tell him that, he starts throwing up. My pooor baby! I wanted to cry. I did not want him to be as miserable as I was. So I called the after hours clinic at his pediatricians office & got him an appointment to be seen at 8:00 that night. After I got him all cleaned up, I was just cuddling & comforting him as much as I could. But he wasn't really wanting it! He was acting completely fine! All he wanted to do was get down to play & chase after the dog. But I was still taking him to the Dr. So 8:00 rolls around & we get to his pedi's office. To my suprise, there was only 1 other child waiting to be seen in the waiting room. I thought it was going to be PACKED with all the crap that is going around right now! & I was fully prepared with baby wipes to wipe the chairs down with & hand sanitizer. Luckily, they put us in our own private waiting room. (I KNOW there were sick children in & out of the office alll day so who knows what kind of germs were on all the chairs in the regular waiting room) I still wiped everything down before he could touch it! haha, Yeahhh... I'm becoming one of those germophobe moms that sanitizes everything! So they get him weighed before he is seen by the dr. Which my little skinny minny only weighs 17, yes SEVENTEEN, pounds! Then we go into the room & wait for the dr. He comes in a few minutes later to check my lil man out. He listened to his lungs & heart, and they sounded perfect! (: He asked me all of his symptoms & said that it was most likely the same thing we all had, & that he has TONS of kids coming in with it lately. So he told me what to do for him. As many clear fluids I could get into him (no water, just pedialyte & gatorade) And told me that if he gets ANY worse, or doesn't get any better within the next few days.. to bring him in RIGHT away. So we head home. He fell asleep on the way & actually stayed asleep when I took him into the house, which is.... unusual. haha. I had to wake him up about an hour later to get some fluids into him to help him get better. THANKFULLY, he only threw up that once & was back to his cute little self the next day! (: I am SO glad that he didn't get it as bad as any of us did. I was so worried, this was the first time he has REALLY been sick. (besides last December when he the sniffles & a small cough)
Here are some pic's of my sweet sleeping boy with his first sickness, after we got home from the doc!
2 weeks ago this past Saturday, I woke up at 3:00 in the morning with a tummy ache. I sat in my bed for a good 15 minutes, knowing that any minute I would be running to the bathroom. & boy was I right. I had to call Ryan at 3:30 am to come take care of Bransyn, because I was officially throwing up & felt horribly sick. I left my room & layed in the hallway outside the bathroom door, and then to the living room couch so that I wouldn't get Ryan or the baby sick, since they were in my room. Well, not even 2 hours later, Ryan came into the living room telling me he wasn't feeling too good. GREAT. Now both of us are sick. So I had to go wake my mom up to ask if she would take care of Bransyn, so that he didn't end up sick as well. I was up at least once an hour throwing up, until 2 pm when I went to the doctor. I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious (meaning swine flu, haha) since my 10 month old was in the same room as me when I started feeling sick & I definitely didn't want him catching anything serious. Well, it wasn't swine flu or any flu --thank god-- just a little stomach bug. But it was HORRIBLE. They gave me a zofran shot to help with the vomiting & nausea, and also a prescription for zofran pills. Those are the BEST things ever invented. I didn't throw up once after that. I fell asleep on the way home, & slept the rest of the day. I was SO tired & super sore, I could barely even move. My phone was off alll day, because it died & I couldn't move enough to plug it into the charger... which was plugged into the wall right next to me. Ryan was also really tired & slept all day. Lucky for him, he wasn't sore at all. The next day, we were both feeling better... I just had a REALLY bad headache, which was a side effect from the zofran. But the worst part -- I hadn't seen or held my baby for almost 48 hours :( My mom, Ashlyn, Ryan's parents & his sister were all taking care of him while we got better. That was a HUGE help! I am soo thankful to have them to do that for us.
Well, the weekend after that. Ashlyn & Riley got the same thing. Then this past Monday, Amanda came down with it. Awesome, it's back in our house. So Tuesday when I got home from babysitting, Kalei (I started babysitting her this past week, for anyone who didn't know. & for anyone else that doesn't know who she is, she's my 4 year old cousin!) was asleep on the couch & woke up crying saying her tummy hurt. Well, what do ya know... right as I ask her what's wrong, she shows me. haha. So I get her all cleaned up & she falls back asleep on the couch. Well, I keep checking on Bransyn cause I was scared he was gonna get it now. I swear I checked his temperature 20 times in 2 hours. He had a small fever -- low 99's. So I just kept an eye on it. He went down for a nap in the swing & as I was walking by about ten minutes into it, he woke up & kinda gagged. Heeere we go again. I went over to him & put the swing into the upward position & started rubbing his head telling him he's okay & mama will take care of him. Right after I tell him that, he starts throwing up. My pooor baby! I wanted to cry. I did not want him to be as miserable as I was. So I called the after hours clinic at his pediatricians office & got him an appointment to be seen at 8:00 that night. After I got him all cleaned up, I was just cuddling & comforting him as much as I could. But he wasn't really wanting it! He was acting completely fine! All he wanted to do was get down to play & chase after the dog. But I was still taking him to the Dr. So 8:00 rolls around & we get to his pedi's office. To my suprise, there was only 1 other child waiting to be seen in the waiting room. I thought it was going to be PACKED with all the crap that is going around right now! & I was fully prepared with baby wipes to wipe the chairs down with & hand sanitizer. Luckily, they put us in our own private waiting room. (I KNOW there were sick children in & out of the office alll day so who knows what kind of germs were on all the chairs in the regular waiting room) I still wiped everything down before he could touch it! haha, Yeahhh... I'm becoming one of those germophobe moms that sanitizes everything! So they get him weighed before he is seen by the dr. Which my little skinny minny only weighs 17, yes SEVENTEEN, pounds! Then we go into the room & wait for the dr. He comes in a few minutes later to check my lil man out. He listened to his lungs & heart, and they sounded perfect! (: He asked me all of his symptoms & said that it was most likely the same thing we all had, & that he has TONS of kids coming in with it lately. So he told me what to do for him. As many clear fluids I could get into him (no water, just pedialyte & gatorade) And told me that if he gets ANY worse, or doesn't get any better within the next few days.. to bring him in RIGHT away. So we head home. He fell asleep on the way & actually stayed asleep when I took him into the house, which is.... unusual. haha. I had to wake him up about an hour later to get some fluids into him to help him get better. THANKFULLY, he only threw up that once & was back to his cute little self the next day! (: I am SO glad that he didn't get it as bad as any of us did. I was so worried, this was the first time he has REALLY been sick. (besides last December when he the sniffles & a small cough)
Here are some pic's of my sweet sleeping boy with his first sickness, after we got home from the doc!
No comments:
Post a Comment