Well, we're down to the last month of Bransyn's first year!
(okay, so I know I'm a few days late -- or a week -- on this post, but every time I sit down to do it, Mr. B wakes up, needs something or, I have to do something else first. But here it is now ;)
I still cannot believe how fast time has gone since he has been born. I seriously have to convince myself all the time that this is not a dream & I'm not gonna wake up to my 2 week old baby anymore. Even though I DO miss him being a newborn, I am SO loving this stage! He is the funnest, cutest, smartest, CRAZIEST little boy I have ever met! & I am beyond proud to be his mommy (:
So this past month, I have realized what a monkey my little man realllly is! He climbs on EVERY thing! We have to block him in the living room at home, so that he won't go into our entry room & eat the fake 'berries' off of one of my moms plant. So we were using those plastic storage tub things, lining 2 of them up from one wall to the other. (haha, tacky I know. . . but baby gates do NOT fit one spot in our house. Unless we were to spend like $300 for a huge one.) Well, he learned to climb over those! Now we have to stack them 2 high. Yeah, even more tacky ;) haha. I also have to block him into the living room at the house I babysit at, and he has figured how to climb over everything that I use there, as well! He climbs into the basket on the back of his stroller whenever it's out. He also climbs on the front part. He'll step on the little foot rest, pull up on the tray & just hang out there! He thinks it is H I L A R I O U S ! This morning he climbed on the table. haha, okay. . . it was a little kid table, but still. He got on the chair, & then up onto the table! He is starting to get up onto the couch. He likes to use his box of diapers as a stool. He knows how to lift the box (a full, unopened box of diapers! he's strong ;) & carry it over to the couch so that he can climb up to the couch! He climbs in & out of the excersaucer. What a stinker. Now do ya know why I was sooo determined to find him a monkey costume?! (:
He is obsessed with balls! He started playing with our big huge exercise ball, jumping on it, rolling it, anything. Then he went out into the garage with my mom one day, & kept pointing to a soccer ball that was out there. So they just had to bring it in! Shortly after that, he learned to say his new favorite word, BALL! Well, it sounds like he is saying 'bahh' but if you listen very carefully, you can her the L at the end. He knows exactly what a ball is, but he likes to call everything else a ball now, as well! haha. One day we were at walmart, & he kept pointing up to the security camera's saying ball, so we went over to the ball section & got him a big blue ball (: That's his favorite one!
He points at EVERYTHING. That's how we know what he wants now, & its actually pretty nice! But every time we take him over to what he wants, we tell him what it is so that he will learn to say it & not just point all the time. I'm scared that he'll get lazy on talking if we don't do that!
He gives kisses! That is my absolute favorite thing, and the best kisses ever (: The first time he did it, he thought it was the funniest thing. So I got about 25 kisses in a row. And I was actually the only one he would kiss for a while! He's given daddy a few, but I don't think anyone else yet. But I'm okay with that, since it seems like everyone's getting sick now!
He's still doing amazing with feeding himself 'real' food! He has 3 meals a day, that he feeds himself. Except he does have yogurt sometimes & I have to feed that to him, since he can't use a spoon yet! He really is loving all of this food! He's also doing SO good with his sippy. He knows that he has to tip it to get anything out. & he knows how to use his straw sippy, as well! He doesn't make me hold it for him anymore, he was refusing to hold it himself before! He's also holding his bottle himself. I know that seems really late for him to hold his own bottle, but since he was breast fed for 10 months, he's only been using a bottle for more then supplements or pumped milk, for a little over a month now!
He says 'OW' ALL the time. & even knows how to use it. If he falls down, or something he'll say ow. Or he'll smack me & say ow (for me! haha)
The other day when we were laying in bed, I had my eyes closed & he kept smackin my face saying 'UP!' haha. He also makes car noises! When he plays with a toy car, or gets on his little sit-on rider thing that grandma bought them, he says 'brum bruuummm!' It is the cutest thing!
He says mamama allll the time, & definitely knows that I'M mama.
I'm trying to teach him which face parts are which. He will point to my nose when I say 'where's mama's nose?!' & I've been working on mouth with him, he's starting to get it more, but gets confused a bit still.
Well that's an update on my little (big!) eleven month old!
Just over 3 weeks until he will be a whole year old!
Sooo bittersweet!
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment