Tuesday, November 24, 2009

12 Month update!

Here's what our little man has been up to this past month!

• He is in LOVE with trucks & cars! (Just like daddy) Whenever he see's one, he says 'brummm!' We also ask him, 'What does daddy's truck say?!' or 'Do you wanna go for a ride in the car/truck?' & he'll say brummm -- although sometimes it sounds like bummmm cause he forgets the R. haha. He does it with his little toy cars, & even to big tractors he see's outside! Even if he hears a loud car, he'll start doing it over & over & overrrrr!

• We tell him to say no & he shakes his head no. We tell him to say yes & he shakes his head yes! It is SO cute.

• He points up to the fan & moves his arms in a circular motion. He even 'sings' along with me when I say 'Round & round & rouuuuunnnnnnd'

•He LOVES taking showers! He thinks it is the coolest thing. He'll just stand there screaming in excitement, look up at where the water's coming out & show off for us! haha. Ryan even tought him how to pull the thing that turns the shower on up, & put it back down to turn it off. He's only done it a few times, but he's learning (:

• He DANCES! Yayyy! He just started doing this recently, but it's just the 'bend the knees bounce' haha, but it is adorable!

• He says : ball, brum, duh=duck, bah'oh or ba ba=bottle, dadaaaaa, mom. Whenever I tell him 'Caca' (you know, like when something's gross? I have NO idea how to spell it haha!) He'll say 'tahhtuh' in a little whisper! (: I know there's a few more, but I can't think of them at the moment! He's not much of a REAL word talker, yet. But he jabbers ALL the time! Ryan swears that he did say 'lets go' the other day though, when he was telling him 'lets go into the living room & see mama!' after his bath. His parents also swear that he said Grandpa. Both of which I haven't heard yet, but hoping he really did ;) He's also tried to say apple, but that comes out like 'pappo' hahah. He points to a banana & says 'BUH!' when he wants one. But that's really about it, for now. I always heard boys are pretty slow on talking, so hopefully that's true & he's not just behind on saying more words! :| eeek, we're working on it!

• He is obsessed with going over to the pantry where the dogs food & water is, and dumping out the whole bowl of water.

• When he's getting into something that he's not supposed to,(dog food, plants, ect.) we'll point & shake our fingers at it & say 'no no no!' So now whenever he is caught getting into something he is not supposed to, he will back up & start shaking his finger at it!

• He also backs up when he has something that he's not supposed to & he see's us looking at him. He thinks that if he puts it behind his back & backs up, we won't know that he has it! hahah It is SO funny!

• He's STILL obsessed with cellphones. He will take ours & put it up to his ear & say his version of hello. Except he holds the phone backwards, haha ;) He also likes to hold the phone up to our ears so that we can talk! OH, and he loves talking to daddy when he calls. (or me if daddy has him & I call)

• His Halloween costume definitely suited him well! He is such a monkey, he climbes on E V E R Y T H I N G ! He tries to climb up the gate that is blocking off the toy room. I've caught him trying to get up onto the table, I've got him ON the table. Before I put his swing away, he would climb into that. He's gotten into his high chair a few times. He can now climb onto the couch all by himself, but he used to move a box next to it so that he could climb on that & then get onto the couch. Smart cookie!

• He loves when me or Ryan tell him 'I'm gonna get you. . .' and he'll run down the hall laughing his head off. Then when he gets to the end, he'll turn around & run towards us with his arms out & give us a big 'ol hug! (:

• He blows kisses & says 'mmmmwahhhh!' or 'bowww' (means blow) He also GIVES kisses! Ah, and boy are they the best kisses ever! Super slobbery, but I could not WAIT until he started giving kisses. So I was super excited when I finally asked him to give mommy kisses & he did! And when he gets started, he just keeps goiiiinnnng! such a sweet boy! (:

• He is now completely off of formula! YAYYY! I stopped giving it to him a few days before his birthday. I wanted to have him switched to whole milk by then, so I started giving it to him in sippy cups about a week after he turned 11 months. But he was not having it. So I said I was only gonna buy 2 more things of formula, 2 weeks before his birthday. Well, I ended up only having to buy one cause I would mix half milk, half formula, then 4 oz milk & 2 oz formula, & then just allll milk & he was fine! Except he still won't part with that dang bottle :/ He is down to only 2 bottles a day, though. 1 when he wakes up at about 6 am & the next right before his 4pm nap. Hopefully within the next few months he will be completely weaned from the bottle, but I don't see it happening any time soon! It's funny, cause for 6 months he completely refused to even take a bottle! But I'm just glad he's off of formula, at least. I'd much rather him have whole milk. Although, it does suck having to pay almost $5 for half a gallon of organic milk a week. I guess it beats the $14 a week for formula, though!

• He's still eating really good -- most of the time. I think he's going through a phase where he will chew up some of his food, then spit it out. It's not everytime, but if he has like 2 different things on his tray, lets say mashed potatoes & shredded chicken since that's what we had the other night. Well if he prefers the tatoes. . . he will eat all of those first, then move onto his chicken. He'll put it in his mouth & realize it's not what he watned, so he'll just spit it back out. asjdkfl;! Little stink bug!

Our boy sure is growing up quick! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment