Tuesday, November 24, 2009

B's 12 month appointment!

Bransyn has his 12 month well-check yesterday!
Here are his stats:


Weight:
Birth - 7lbs 5 oz
12 months -18lbs 11 oz
Difference in a year = 11 lbs 6oz
He is in the 3rd percentile for weight.


Height:
Birth -19in
12 months - 29in
Difference in a year = 10in
He is in the 28th percentile for height.


Head
Birth - I *think* 14in
12 Months - 18.3in
Difference in a year = 4in (approx)
He is in the 54th percentile for head circumference.


So he's still a small one, but she said that he is healthy & doing well! I am definitely surprised by how small he still is, because Ryan was a big boy when he was a baby. Everyone thought Bransyn would be the same way! I guess he just got the cheeks from Ry, & my small body type (as a baby!) She said that I could give him some high calorie foods (ex. avacado, butter, sour cream, ect.) if I wanted to, to make him gain a little bit. So we're gonna try giving him a little more calories. Not to make him huge, just to help him gain a little bit of weight.
She also said that his hydro-seal is completely gone now, as it was supposed to be by one year! So I can stop worrying about that now! No surgery for this boy!(: I talked to her about his coughing, that has been going on for over a month now. When I took him in for his ear infection a few weeks ago, he only saw the nurse practitioner. She said that his continuous coughing could be a sign of asthma and to talk about it at his one year. So I told Dr. Smith about that & she said that it could very well be a possibility, and the fact that Ryan & his dad both have it, takes it up 25%. Also the fact that he has eczema can be an indicator, as well. She didn't want to just assume that it is asthma though, so she gave me a prescription for an anti-inflamitory to give him for 4 days (started it yesterday). So if in 4 days he's still not getting better, I need to call back & see what else needs to be done. Cross your fingers that it is NOT asthma, we definitely don't want that! He got three shots ( I was told they get a TON at 1 year, so I was happy about only 3!) He did really good with them! I gave him a little sucker to suck on while he got them, so it would kind of distract him & it definitely worked. She poked the first one, & he didn't do anything, then the next came in the same leg & he cried a little. But did not scream! & he was done before she even poked the next leg with the last one. Then he cried for about 3 seconds on that one too. And no crying for mama, this time! hahah. I was about to when he first started crying, cause it's just SO hard to see your child in pain. But then he stopped! (:

So our big boy is doing well! Even though he is small in size
:D

We have also decided to do extended rear facing, so even if he was big enough to flip his car seat around (1yr & 20lbs) we wouldn't be. I haven't decided on when we are going to flip him yet, but I definitely want him to stay rear facing longer for his safety! I would much rather have him have a broken leg, then a broken neck or spine. His legs still aren't even touching the seat yet, though. So we're good for a while longer!






No comments:

Post a Comment