Friday, November 27, 2009

Bransyn's First Birthday!

Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting about B's first birthday! (:


It didn't start out so well, but over all it was a pretty great day!

At about 1 in the morning, he woke up crying & I was still out of it so I just put him in bed with me. About half an hour after he fell asleep, I woke up to put him back in his crib. Well, I usually sleep with the TV on. . . but that night I didn't cause Ryan was there & he can't sleep with it on. So when I go to put him back in his crib, I couldn't see & whacked his head on the side of it :( I felt HORRIBLE, & even worse when I realized it was a lovely way to start his birthday :(
He was fine, it pretty much just woke him up more then anything. So he was awake for over an hour, just messing around in my bed. Of course I let him, cause I felt so bad! haha, I even let him play with my phone, which I usually don't cause he slobbers on it. But I didn't want him to be mad at me ;)
Anyways, so when we woke up in the morning. . . we went out in the living room & grandma was feeding Camden his breakfast. So B was just hanging out with them while I made him some special birthday muffins (: Well, while I was making those, grandma fed him half of Camden's breakfast! haha, so by the time i was done with the muffins, he was not even hungry anymore & didn't wanna eat it :(
After that, we just hung out & played a lot during the day! All day I kept thinking about what I was doing at THAT exact time last year (at whatever time it was) & just kept thinking about the day I met my boy for the first time! I seriously could not believe that it had already been a year. Ahhh, but I'm proud to say. . . I did not cry once! I really thought I would. But instead I just kept thinking about how amazing this past year has been watching him grow up, and how it should make me happy & not sad that he's not a teensy baby anymore! I love watching him grow (:
At about 4pm, I had a few things I had to get. So we went to the party store & I got him a little first birthday ribbon for him to wear! (: Then we went to the mall with Ryan & Ashlyn for a while, cause we had to wait until 7 to go to dinner. Just killing time ;) He even got a yummy birthday pretzel!
Finally it was time for dinner! We planned to go to Pirate Island Pizza & invite our immediate families. So he had all of his Grandparents there, Ash & Riley, Manda, Bryce & Camden! (although Bryce hadn't been feeling well that day, so he had to leave about half way through!) Ryan's sister had to work, so her & her husband couldn't make it! Let me just say, this place is SO fun & cool! I'm so glad that I chose it. It was all decked out in the pirate-y theme! It was way cute! & their food is really good, too! So we had dinner, Bransyn got to open one of his presents from his grandma -- I was totally gonna bring one for him, too, but I forgot! Ah -- & the restaurant staff even came to sing to him & gave him an ice cream sundae! (which he LOVED!) After all that, we took him over to play in the arcade & play area. He had so much fun! the play area wasn't very big, but he had a blast! We learned that he loves going down slides, haha! He played Skiiball, whack-a-somethin ( I can't remember what animal it was! haha), got to do this punching thing, & raced a car with mama! We had a blast & I cannot wait to take him back there! The 3 of us plan on going there for family dinners more often (:
It was pretty late by the time we got home (well, for him!) so he had fallen asleep in the car. But when I took him in, he woke right up & was ready to play! haha. So we waited for Ryan to get there so that he could open a few of his presents from us on his actual birthday. He was more interested in the paper then anything, haha. But he got a ball popper, an outfit & a 'Lightening McQueen' car! He didn't care too much about the outfit, surprise surprise. He just wanted the toys! Or should I say the ball popper box?! He kept lifting it up to move it. He got a big kick outta that! After that, we took a few family pictures then put our little one year old to bed! (:
It was a really fun day celebrating his first year of life -- well, part 1 of celebrating his life!

If you wanna see pictures from his day, check out my facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment