Yesterday, Bransyn got a boo-boo on his head :(
Here's the story:
It was while I was babysitting, & I was making Lilly a bottle. Well, he wanted it so he was throwing a fit. I kept telling him 'No-no. This is Lilly's baba, not for you!' And he just kept getting angrier. After a minute, he went over & stood on the stairs pulling on the gate, trying to get up. (Their gate is up 2 stairs, because 1 side of the wall ends before the bottom of the staircase.. so they had to do it up a little higher. The babes ALWAYS hang out there, haha.) He must of lost his balance or something when he was trying to climb up the gate & fell down. Well, since those stairs are accessible, the baseboards lining them are exposed as well. & since it's on a corner there's a sharp edge on the baseboards. When he fell off the stairs, he hit his eyebrow on the sharp edge. I ran to him when he fell & when I picked him up there was blood just dripppping from his face. I think I started running to the bathroom & freaking out before I could even see where the blood was coming from. I was soo scared that he had gotten his eyeball, so I was a little relieved when I saw that it was just a little cut on his eyebrow. He did scream for a second because of the pain, but as soon as I started cleaning it up, he was just so annoyed of me touching it that that's what was making him mad & cry. He was fine after a few minutes, but all I wanted to do was cuddle him & he didn't want anything to do with me :( That realllly broke my heart! Babies are supposed to want their mommy's when they get hurt!!!
So anyways, it didn't look bad enough to go get checked out so I just kept it clean & made sure he kept acting normal. Ryan of course took one look at it & freaked out saying that he was gonna have a scar for life from it.
Lets hope not!!!
I think in a couple weeks or months you shouldn't even be able to tell. He's doing great now, though!
Here's the story:
It was while I was babysitting, & I was making Lilly a bottle. Well, he wanted it so he was throwing a fit. I kept telling him 'No-no. This is Lilly's baba, not for you!' And he just kept getting angrier. After a minute, he went over & stood on the stairs pulling on the gate, trying to get up. (Their gate is up 2 stairs, because 1 side of the wall ends before the bottom of the staircase.. so they had to do it up a little higher. The babes ALWAYS hang out there, haha.) He must of lost his balance or something when he was trying to climb up the gate & fell down. Well, since those stairs are accessible, the baseboards lining them are exposed as well. & since it's on a corner there's a sharp edge on the baseboards. When he fell off the stairs, he hit his eyebrow on the sharp edge. I ran to him when he fell & when I picked him up there was blood just dripppping from his face. I think I started running to the bathroom & freaking out before I could even see where the blood was coming from. I was soo scared that he had gotten his eyeball, so I was a little relieved when I saw that it was just a little cut on his eyebrow. He did scream for a second because of the pain, but as soon as I started cleaning it up, he was just so annoyed of me touching it that that's what was making him mad & cry. He was fine after a few minutes, but all I wanted to do was cuddle him & he didn't want anything to do with me :( That realllly broke my heart! Babies are supposed to want their mommy's when they get hurt!!!
So anyways, it didn't look bad enough to go get checked out so I just kept it clean & made sure he kept acting normal. Ryan of course took one look at it & freaked out saying that he was gonna have a scar for life from it.
Lets hope not!!!
I think in a couple weeks or months you shouldn't even be able to tell. He's doing great now, though!
Here's the result of throwing a temper tantrum over a bottle:
No comments:
Post a Comment