Two weekends ago, Ryan was doing a favor for his old boss, which was go drive allll the way to Denver to pick up this thing:

If you haven't figured out what it is yet, it's an engine. I guess it's like super crazy and totally Bad A. But what do I care, haha.
So anyways. He was gonna be leaving St. George after work on Friday, driving alll the way to Denver, Co. that night, picking up this engine the next day (and also dropping some other truck part off) then driving straight back. About 600 miles each way.
Sooo, being the nice girlfriend that I am, I went with him. I get really nervous when he drives that far so late at night by himself. We didn't even leave town until about 5:45 pm. . . I was NOT looking forward to the 9+ hour drive.
About 4 hours into the trip, I looked up at the outside temp & this is what I saw:

Then we had to stop to fuel up & go to the bathroom. I was NOT excited to get out in that freeeeezing cold!
A few miles down the road, I looked at the temp again:

It actually got all the way down to -3 ! SO glad I don't live in those horrible temperatures & I feel bad for everyone that does! haha I've never been somewhere when it was that cold before!
So we finally got to where we needed to be in Denver at about 3:45 AM. GOOOD thing Ryan was smart & printed out a map of where we were going, cause the GPS decided to tell us to go on a road that didn't even exist. . . for about 2 hours! haha.
We were both so tired, we fell right to sleep. . . even though we were sleeping in the truck. Yeah, not my idea of fun. haha.
Since we were going right back home the next day. . . we had to get up at like 9 to get that stupid engine & be on our way. I hate not getting enough sleep, haha!
So we got all of that done & got on our way home!
It was nice to see everything in daylight, Colorado is SO prettty! I have never been there during the winter before. For a split second, I actually wanted to move there! haha.
See what I mean? (:It was also really cool, because instead of roads going OVER the mountains, there are tunnels that go THROUGH the mountains! This one was sooo long!
And as soon as we got back into Utah, this is the only thing we saw for about 200 miles :


Seriously. No buildings or houses. Nothing. Just lottts of land & snow!
It was kinda fun to get away for a minute, but I wish we didn't have to turn around right away. BUT, I also missed my baby like CRAZY & could not wait to get back to him!
Ryan's parent's watched him, cause that would of been pure torture to make him sit in a car seat for 1200 miles. It was really hard, cause this was the very first time we have ever had someone watch him over night!
We got back to St. George at about 10 PM, but had to stop at the store to get some milk cause B was out.
Never go to Walmart 6 days before Christmas after driving for 2 days & you just want to get home. It seriously took us half an hour to check out with TWO things!
Then we FINALLY got to Ryan's house at about 11:30, & my baby was already asleep :(
I think we're done with the last-minute-600-mile-turn-around-and-come-home trips for a while, haha. I think I've had my fair share between this one, & our trip to New Mexico back in July!
Ryan's parent's watched him, cause that would of been pure torture to make him sit in a car seat for 1200 miles. It was really hard, cause this was the very first time we have ever had someone watch him over night!
We got back to St. George at about 10 PM, but had to stop at the store to get some milk cause B was out.
Never go to Walmart 6 days before Christmas after driving for 2 days & you just want to get home. It seriously took us half an hour to check out with TWO things!
Then we FINALLY got to Ryan's house at about 11:30, & my baby was already asleep :(
I think we're done with the last-minute-600-mile-turn-around-and-come-home trips for a while, haha. I think I've had my fair share between this one, & our trip to New Mexico back in July!



No comments:
Post a Comment