Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2nd appointment.

I had my second appointment today, which was with my actual doctor. - They have 2 in the office, Dr. Lunt & Lisa Borunda. Lisa see's you for the first pre-natal visit, then Dr. Lunt for the 2nd, & after that... whoever is available! LOVE them both! (: Anyways. I finally got to actually HEAR baby's heartbeat! ♥ which was nice, because it was the first time. It was about 160 bpm. I don't remember what Bransyn's was at this point, I just remember it being in the 190's at 9 weeks! Or else I would of compared the two, to guess the gender ;) So that's usually all we do at these 'once a month' appointments, other than he asks me how everything's going & answers any questions I have. I talked to him about the INSANE headaches I have been having, & he said that it's normal. I can take a tylenol for them if I really need to (but I HATE taking meds when I am preggo, so I try to avoid it if possible) or I can just deal with it :/ Not fun, but it's all worth it for this little peanut! (: We also talked about the whole dealio with Bransyn's shoulder getting stuck during delivery, & he wanted to know my thoughts on the whole thing, regarding the birth of this baby. Which I really didn't know what to say, other than I just thought I was going to get induced at 39 weeks. He said we will still do that, but there's no way to know if it will happen again. I think before I said something about getting induced, he was maybe wondering if I wanted to do a c-section instead, to totally prevent it, but just in not so many words. (since that IS pretty much the only way to prevent it.) Which I do NOT NOT NOT want a c-section! I remember wanting one sooo bad when I was pregnant with Bransyn, I just wanted to avoid the whole labor & birthing process all together. (I even remember telling my mom I was gonna pretend to not be able to do it, so they would give me one ;) haha) But even with alll the pain I was in & everything I went through while in labor, it was such an amazing experience! I loved being able to have him handed to me right away & I was able to hold him for as long as I wanted. Plus, the way he looked at me the first time he heard my voice & how he just wouldn't take his eyes off of me was just priceless (: Okay, getting off track here! haha, I just want to make sure I have that with this baby, too. Of course, getting him/her out safely is my very first priority, no matter which way s/he enters this world! I was going to ask when we would be able to set the induction date, but I totally spaced it. So I'll have to ask next time. He also talked to me about the quad screening & if I wanted to have it done this time. I got some info about it at my first appointment that I read through. I decided to go ahead & do it this time, just because of the problems we had during my pregnancy last time. We chose not to do it when it was offered around 16 weeks with Bransyn, but ended up having it done after we saw the perinatologist. So I figured I'd just go ahead & have it done to get it over with. He said since I am going to do that, he would like me to come in 2 weeks sooner than I normally would, so that I can just go do the blood draw on the same day. So I will be going in on the 23rd for that. And of course, I asked about when we would do my anatomy scan ultra sound. He said they like to do those at about 19 weeks, so around December 16th. I really do NOT want to wait that long to find out if baby is a boy or a girl. Luckily, he mentioned that the U/S tech there offers a gender check anytime after 16 weeks, for $25! (: (: So I went ahead & scheduled that for November 29th! yayyyy! I will be counting down the days ;) We won't be revealing the sex of the baby until the following Saturday, though. hehe Anyway! That's my appointment update (:

No comments:

Post a Comment