Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Fridayyyyyyy

This year was my very first time going 'Black Friday' shopping! I wasn't going to go, cause I don't care to stand out in the cold, in a huge crowd getting pushed & shoved, just to save $3 on something. (okay, so most deals are a bit better than that ;) but just sayin') But I found out that the outlet stores in town opened at 11pm Thursday night, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad to go see if I could find some clothes for Bransyn, for a good deal. (since the Children's Place is my favorite place to shop for him lately. Also, Gymboree & Osh Kosh have some cute clothes sometimes, too!) And since there are so many stores there, it wouldn't be too crowded walking outside, & inside the stores. We arrived about 20 minutes before the stores were supposed to open, but surprisingly, Osh Kosh was already open, so we headed in there. I didn't find a whole lot in there, but everything was 10% off of already lowered prices. So I got Brans some jeans & a cute shirt. Amanda also got a few things for Camden. My mom had an extra 20% off (I believe?) a purchase of $50 or more, so we just combined our stuff to save more! I ended up paying about $12 for the whole outfit. The only thing I have to complain about at Osh Kosh, was the line we were in. The computer crashed, or something. so it took for EVER. There were people that got through the other line before we did, that we saw walk into the store after we were already in line. it was ridiculous. Oh well though (:
Next, we went to Gymboree. The whole store was 25% off. I found some cute shirts that were already marked down & I ended up getting them for $3 each! I got 6 total, so I spent (with tax) $19 & some change. The line in there was INSANE, though. Wrapped around the whole store. But still, I could not pass up $3 shirts!
After we were done there, we were waiting to go to a drawing they were having. They had one at 1am, 2am & 3am. The winners got a gift card for all of the stores. So needless to say, we stayed to see if we won any of them. We didn't :( So through out the whole time we were there, we did those at those 3 times. We were even gonna leave earlier, but wanted to stay until 3, because that one was a $500 gift card.
After the second drawing, I wanted to see if I could find any shoes for Brans. So we went into Sketchers. They didn't have ANY cute little boy shoes, so I looked at some that I would like. I got some $70 boots for $30! And they are sooo cute! (: That was my favorite deal of the night! I was soo excited. haha.
We also went over to the other shoe store there (I always forget what it's called!) & they didn't have any good boy shoes, either. Boo. So we headed to the last place we needed to go - The Children's Place. Their sales were AMAZING! 50% off of everything. But, the line was literally zig-zagged through ALL of the boys clothes. There was NO way I was able to even look at anything, because there was someone standing right in front of every rack. So we decided that we would do the last drawing, go over to Walmart to see if they had any good toys, then come back so that we could at least look through everything.
My mom wanted to go home after the last drawing, (she was the only one who drove) so me & Amanda met up with Ryan's cousin & his girlfriend who were heading over to Kohls, & they said they'd just drop us off at Walmart while they ran into Kohls.
We walked around Walmart trying to find good deals for ever. The electronics sale hadn't started yet, so it just looked like a normal day through out the store, just with people sitting on blankets & chairs around the thing they wanted when the sale started. I really wanted to get a Shark steam mop, that was advertised for $36 (normally MUCH more!) but we couldn't find them anywhere, & the employee's were NO help, what so ever. We asked 3 different people & they all just told us 'oh look here, look there' didn't even help us look to see if there were any left. Horrible emplyee's, if you ask me! So I ended up getting 2 dvd's for $2 each & a pair of pj's for Bransyn & one for Camden for $4 each. Still pretty good deals!
After that, we headed back over to TCP. The line was MUCH shorter that time, so I got my shop on (: I found a TON of cute stuff, for amazing deals! I can't remember what my total was before they took the Sale prices off (didn't show up on my receipt) but I spent $54 there & got a lot! I also had a 15% off purchase of $50 or more there, but I didn't know about it until the next day! :( So anyways, Bransyn is set on Winter clothes now.
The grand total on what I spent on JUST clothes?
$85
What the total would of been if I would of paid full price for everything?
$250

AMAZINGGGG!

Definitely doing it again next year. SO worth it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment