Monday, November 22, 2010

B's 2 year check-up!

Bransyn's 2 year/24 month check up was today!
He is now 25 pounds - 19th percentile, and 32 inches tall - 18th percentile.
It's so crazy to me that he has only gained 7 pounds in a year. I know that sounds soo horrible, but he's just a little peanut, I guess. He is healthy & doing well, so that's all that matters! I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep weight on very well because he is just sooo active & running around ALL the time, so whatever he puts on, just comes right off! He's gonna be a teensy little kid just like his mama!
Dr. Smith says that he looks like he is doing really well. She asked me a bunch of questions about what he is doing (ex. making sure he says a certain amount of words, jumping with both feet, ect. stuff that 2 year olds should be doing) & I was pretty proud to say that he is doing everything that she asked! (:
I also talked to her about his throwing up issues. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it on here before, or not... but he has been randomly throwing up a LOT. He is not one bit sick, so that's definitely not where it's coming from. Sometimes he does cough so hard that he throws up (the coughing is caused by his asthma, that apparently act up more in the winter) but other times, he'll start coughing BECAUSE he is going to throw up. It's just at random times & I have NO idea what could be causing it! When it first started happening, I thought it was caused by milk. So I started adding about 1/3 water, to 2/3's milk & that did help... for a minute. But then it started happening even after he hadn't drank anything. I was trying to watch & see when it happened & what he had been eating whenever it happened, but there is really nothing in common with each time it happens. Anyways, she told me that it could be his whole milk & to stop giving him whole milk, & just do 1 or 2%. Uhhh... well duh, what do you think adding water does to it?! Makes it not whole milk anymore. He still does it with 1 & 2% Milk, as well. She said she doesn't think it's milk that is causing it, but who knows! I really dislike this doctor, because of her lack of concern & not even looking into anything really. (which YES, I will be changing his dr as soon as I find a new one to take him to) I'm hoping that we can figure out what is going on soon, cause it's soooo sad to have him suffer through throwing up all the time. And I really hate that it randomly happens, because then I can't always control where it goes, unless I keep him next to the toilet 24/7... which uhh. No. ha
I also talked to her about our peanut & egg allergy suspicions. She said that since he throws up everytime he has eggs (NOT when they're baked/cooked into something, but like plain eggs) that he most likely is allergic to them. As for the peanuts, she said that it's weird he threw up & broke out in hives when I gave him peanut butter (when he was about 13 months old - haven't tried again since then) but yet, nothing happens when he eats food that is cooked in peanut oil. She said that if he was for sure allergic to peanuts, then he would have a reaction to the peanut oil, as well. I would reallly love if she would let us do a food allergy test, but again with the lack of concern. She said that we can try putting a dab of PB on his skin & see if his skin has a reaction to that, but I dunno how well that will work. I'm suuuper scared to give him peanuts, since it's realllly bad if you ARE allergic, but I just want to know for sure! Maybe his new dr will actually care enough to get it figured out!

Besides the little pukey issue, our sweet boy is doing very well! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment