• this boy of mine sure is a comical little creature these days. he is always saying the silliest, most random things! the saying 'kids say the darnedest things' really is true!
• he is a parrot. if he likes what he hears, he repeats it.
• he is completely & overly obsessed with nutella. and chocolate milk. and now, thanks to potty training - granola bars.
• oh. and he's potty trained. well, pee potty trained. he's still too scared, or something to poo in the potty. we started about a week and a half ago & now the only time he has accidents is when he's mad at me for making him take a nap, so he'll pee in his bed on purpose. other than that, he's been doing amazing & we are NEVER going back to diapers again. well, except for night time. he DOES wake up dry, though which is a shocker! but still... not taking the chance! haha. he has even made it through NUMEROUS trips out of the house without any accidents.
• today he has been calling me 'lesha' I walked by him earlier & he told his grandpa 'this is lesha' little turd.
• his faaaavorite song is 'teach me how to dougie' EVERY time we are in the car & he realizes there is music on, he says 'nooo, teach me dougie!' then when the song changes, he has a fit. good thing i'm pretty obsessed with that song myself ;)
• I have FINALLY gotten him back into taking naps every day. he definitely still needs them {as do I... that's my only free time it seems like! haha} this whole week I have been putting him down at the same time. sometimes he falls right to sleep, sometimes it takes him an hour, or two. but he has taken a nap for 5 days in a row! i'm hoping being consistent with him will get him on a better schedule! he has been is MUCH better moods this whole week, it's amazing!
• he is obsessed with going to the water park. he asks to go there all.the.time.
• he is a pro at riding his four wheeler. he puts that sucker into full speed & whips around the porch like it's no one's business. sometimes I get scared that he's gonna run into the pillars, or the outside table, or the swing, but that kid is a maniac & gets super close, then turns really sharp & completely misses them. I think he does it for the thrill. future stunt man?! oh I hope not!
• he LOVES helping his grandma cook & bake. almost every single time she is preparing something in the kitchen, he goes to the pantry, gets the little step stool, drags it out right next to her & climbs up to help. maybe he'll be a stung man AND a chef? so funny, cause ryan has told me that he wanted to be a chef once upon a time! haha.
• he also loves helping his grandpa water the lawn & plants outside. he seriously adores his grandparents.
• when we first moved, he would randomly tell me 'I want to go home!' it was SO sad & just broke my heart. he had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the move. he has loved being here with his grandpa & grandma, but I think he missed having his own room, where he could play with EVERY single toy he had whenever he wanted. but now I think he's loving everything he can do here, that he couldn't do at our house {like ride his 4-wheeler alll around the back yard, play golf out back, he has a MUCH bigger area to ride his bike... just stuff like that!}
• he is 100%, the best big brother ever! he just loves his little sister so much. he always asks to hold her, loves to give her kisses, hold her hand, play with her... anything! I absolutely love it.
•
• earlier today, we were sitting in the living room playing with his mega blocks. he grabbed a block out & handed it to Taislee. it was just one, so I grabbed a few more & stuck them on it. brans looked at it & said, 'huhhh! it's handy manny!' so excitedly! haha. then I pulled out another one & asked him what it was, he told me a dump truck! he was working on putting a bunch together, and told me it was a choo choo train! I was so curious what he was gonna say they all were, so I pulled out a few more, stuck them together & asked him what it was & he said a truck. haha, then after he was done putting the 'choo choo train' together, he goes 'chugga.... chugga... choooo choooo!' Such an imagination this little boy has (:
• he usually always says he's making a 'Mac Truck' with his blocks. he's obsessed with Mac trucks!
• my mom got him a little mater truck, and he is pretty obsessed with that as well. he sleeps with it, takes it in the car with him, takes it outside with him, he even takes it potty with him. earlier today when he went in to go, he set mater on the counter, & did his business. when he was done - before he flused - he grabbed mater off the counter, made him 'look' into the toilet & said 'see, mater? see?' haha, I almost died of laughter!
• we have a routine we do every night, to say good night. after every phrase I say, he'll repeat it back to me. it goes like this:
me: goodnight
him: doodnight
me: sleep good
him: sleep dood
me: sweet dreams
him: sweet deams
me: i looooove you
him: i yuuuuuuv youuuuu
he has even started saying it to tais every night (:
• after we do that every night, I usually try to give him a kiss {he's not big on kisses anymore, not even on the cheek or forehead! :( } well the other night, I told him 'can you give mommy loves?' and he said no. so I just kissed him on the side of the head, then as I was getting up, he said to me 'waiiiit, I want yuvs!' ♥ so cute.
• lately he has been wanting to brush his teeth before I do. normally I would be fine with this, but you see, if he does it himself, he will suck the tooth paste off of his tooth brush before brushing. so I have to do it first, so that tooth paste actually gets on his teeth. but in order to let him let me do it first, I tell him that mommy needs to do it so that he doesn't get bugs in his teeth. bugs = cavities, but if I told him that, he'd be like 'i yike cavities', or something like that, because he has no idea what that means. but if we tell him if we don't brush his teeth realllly good, then he will get bugs in there, he lets us do it. this kid isn't a fan of yucky bugs.
• the other day, he told me 'my somach hurts... i need some chocolate milk' trying to be a tricky little thing!
• he hasn't been throwing up very much lately! I think he only has twice since we moved! that is SUCH an improvement! i'm hoping that means that all he really does have is this dang vomiting syndrome. I mean, it still sucks if that's what it is, but that is so much better than having something seriously wrong with his stomach, or other insides. he is still taking his medicine for it, but he has another appt with the specialist next month & I think maybe a week or 2 before, I will stop giving it to him, just to see if he still throws up when he is off of it {because that's not supposed to happen. he's supposed to be able to take it for a couple months, stop taking it & be fine for at least another couple of months. last time we tried taking him off of it, he got 10X worse. so if he continues to throw up after I take him off of it again, I will be requesting more testing.}
• 75% of the day, he is the definition of 'terrible two's' he throws fits, whines, doesn't listen, DEMANDS everything, hits, kicks, won't calm down for anything - pretty much all day long. he has been doing better since he started taking a nap EVERY day, but he still has his moments.
• we are trying to teach him that if he wants something, he needs to ask for it & not demand it. like normally, he would say 'i want chocolate milk!' so instead of just saying 'what do you say?' expecting him to say please, we correct him 'you ASK if you can have some chocolate milk. say can/may I please have some chocolate milk?' {or whatever else he wants} he really is a very polite kid, 90% of the time he will say please & thank you without being told to do so. but I just realized that he can't go around just TELLING people what he wants, he needs to ask politely for it. so that's what we are working on now.
• we are also {still} working on not whining when he doesn't get what he wants. I think the hardest part about having a toddler, is having to deal with whining. I can not handle the whining! haha. but he is getting better with it. whenever he starts, I tell him that he is NOT going to get what he wants if he whines. most of the time he will calm right down and talk in a straight voice, telling me what he wants. before, he would just kick & yell. there are still a few rare times where I have to literally hold him down because he wouldn't quit whining so he didn't get his way & he ended up in a full blown temper tantrum. that usually only happens when he is SUPER tired, though. then he just falls asleep 2 minutes after he has calmed down.
• a few weeks ago, he kept telling me it was his birthday & he needed cake. NO idea where he got that from, haha. but since we were on the subject, I asked him what kind of birthday party he wanted this year & all he would tell me is he wanted cake {funny kid, he won't even eat cake! ha!} hmm, Dr. Seuss birthday party it is! (:
• every time he see's a coin/dollar, he says 'i have hun-ned dollar. you want hun-ned dollar?'
• he loves running errands with his grandparents. every time they tell him that's what they're going to do, he wants to go with them!
• if he's being naughty, like tells us no when we tell him to do something, doesn't listen, hits us - we tell him what he did wrong, then send him to time out. usually he will go, whine for about 30 seconds, then come out saying 'i'm sorry, i be a nice boy now. i not do ____ anymore'
• he has a couple little golf clubs that we keep in the back yard, along with some little wiffle balls. he loves going out there & hitting them. and boy, can he hit them! he seriously hits FAR for a 2 year old! like, all the way across the yard far! he loves it, I can't wait 'til he is old enough to go golfing with his daddy. Ry is gonna love that!
• he also throws balls really far! probably further than I can. embarrassing.
• most of the time he puts his shoes on himself, and he puts them on the right feet every time.
• he likes to do the chest clip part on his car seat. he gets mad at me if I don't let him do it.
• he apparently also knows how to UNDO that chest clip. there has been 2 times now that I went to get him out of his seat & the clip was un-done. {I always double check that thing to make sure it's clipped all the way, so I know I didn't just forget} good thing both times we didn't go very far & made it there safely!
• one day when we were going somewhere, I had him climb up into his seat in the car so that I could go snap taislee's seat into her base, then I was going to go buckle him in his seat after. well I totally spaced it {first & only time EVER} and got in my seat & was about to start driving. apparently my son is smarter than I am, because before I could even put the car in reverse, he yelled 'BUCKLE ME UP!' I am SO glad he realized that he wasn't buckled & that wasn't right so he said something. I would of been a wreck if I had realized it while driving, or when I went to get him out. needless to say, I always always ALWAYS triple check before I get in my seat.
• he calls emergency vehicles {police car, ambulance, even just utility trucks... anything with lights on the roof, besides fire trucks -he calls those by name} woo-woo trucks. at first I didn't know what the heck he was talking about, but then I realized he calls them that because of the sirens (: haha
• he has the BEST memory, ever. something will happen, or he will see someone, a few weeks will go by & he will randomly start talking about it again, just out of the blue.
• whenever I'm getting ready, he will come in the bathroom & tell me 'I need get ready, too' he has also developed an obsession with my make-up brushes. every time I have them out, he swirls them around his face. it's a hard thing, trying to tell a 2 year old boy that only girls wear make-up. he just tells me 'i'm a dirl'
• he all of a sudden HAS to have the crust cut off of his sandwiches.
• he loves making the 'i love you' sign with his hands. and lately, he likes to touch you on your forehead with his pinky when he does it & he'll say 'I yuv you ____' so sweet ♥
I love this little stinker so much, I don't know what I would do without him! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment