Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Potty Trained!!!

Bransyn is officially, 100% potty trained!!!


He has been going pee in the potty off & on, for quite some time now, but it was ALWAYS when we took him. He has refused {and I mean completely REFUSED} to poop in the potty, and I actually think he was kind of scared to.
For the past week or so, I have had him in undies and he has been doing SO well with going pee in the potty, but he would continue to poop in his undies.
It was making me CRAZY. I tried everything to get him to just *try* pooping on the potty, but he wouldn't.
He has once before, so I don't know why he was still scared to do it.
On the 16th of this month, he finally pooped in the potty again, after refusing to for so long.
We had been trying different things to get him to not be afraid of pooping in the potty, but he just wouldn't believe us.
So I tried something I swore I would never do:
bribed him with the thing he loves the most - chocolate milk.

I told him that the days he pooped in his undies, he couldn't have chocolate milk that day.
But when he pooped in the potty, he could have chocolate milk.
Well, the very next time he pooped, it was in the potty, and has been ever since!!!
{I know this sounds SO mean... but it worked, and he didn't even cry when I told him that!}

He is now going potty COMPLETELY by himself. We don't even have to ask him or remind him anymore. When he feels like he has to go, he stops what he is doing, and goes potty!
We are soooo proud of him! He is pretty proud of himself, too, which is pretty awesome! (:

Now to just work on the night time potty training! We still put a pull-up on him at night, but usually 5 out of 7 nights, he wakes up dry! I'm sooo tempted to just put him to bed in undies to see how he does, but we'll wait a big longer, until he can wake up dry for an entire week.


HOOOORAY FOR BEING POTTY TRAINED!!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment