Monday, August 22, 2011

Yet another appointment with the specialist...

I had to take Bransyn back to Dr. Kaddu {pediatric GI specialist} today, because he has been throwing up WAY too much lately! Ryan and I went to Vegas with some friends for an event last weekend, and when we were on our way back, we got a text from Ryan's sister saying Bransyn wouldn't stop throwing up. We found out when we got home, that he had woken up out of a deep sleep to throw up, THREE different times. And after each time, he would just cry and cry, saying his tummy hurt, and was just miserable. I felt HORRIBLE that I wasn't there with him, but I'm glad he was in good hands. The next night, same thing happened. He woke up a few times to throw up and was up just crying for a good 45 minutes after each time, saying his tummy hurt. Of course, I made sure he didn't have any signs of sickness, and he didn't. So first thing this morning, I called and got him an appointment with Dr. Kaddu. They were able to get him in right away. When we got there, I explained to Dr. Kaddu what had happened, and I was VERY ready to straight up demand more testing, because this has gone on for WAY too long. But luckily, right as I got done explaining everything, ready to tell him exactly what I wanted, he said he wanted to have some testing done, because this just should not be happening if it IS CVS that he has, and it has been going on long enough. I was SO glad he thought that, made it easier on me, and of course, I couldn't have agreed more! The only hard part, is right now we are having issues with the insurance and he's not covered right now. {even had to self pay for this appointment, but it was worth it for sure!} And the two 'tests' he wants to do, are very pricey and he said something about the 2nd test having to have the money up front. So he said the minute everything is figured out with that, to call and get him on the schedule for the first test. Hopefully that is SOON. The first thing he wants done, is an Upper GI x-ray, to see if they can see anything in that. If nothing shows up there, they will send him to get an EGD {where they basically put a scope down his throat to see if they can see any problems that wouldn't show up in an x-ray} He said if nothing shows up in that, than all we can do is assume it IS CVS. If something does show up, then we take whatever action that is needed to deal with whatever it is. Until then, I just hope and pray he doesn't have anymore sleepless nights due to throwing up. As of now, we are taking him off his medication as well, because it's not helping at all at this point.
Oh, and also, he is STILL only 27 pounds. SOO ready to figure out what the heck this is so my baby can start packing on the pounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment