I seriously can't believe it has already been three years since I laid eyes on my sweet little boy for the very first time! It sure has been a crazy, but dang fun three years! He has grown SO dang much, and it is just amazing to watch him constantly learn new things, and change. I am so proud of this little man, he is so dang smart & is just the funniest little dude I have ever met. I am so very lucky to be his mama forever, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world! :)
Here's what our THREE year old has been up to!
• he is obsessed with his daddy. he copies everything he does, and always wants to be with him. it's the cutest thing in the world!
• he is still very much into monster trucks, big trucks, cars, tractors, pretty much ANY vehicle. he has a billion, but every time he gets a new one, or sees a new one in the store, he gets soo excited! he just loves them.
• he loves to watch the old Disney classic movies lately. he loves the fox & the hound, lion king, 101 dalmatians, bambi, ect. he asks to watch them all the time! he still loves his other favorite movies, too... Cars, all the Toy Storys, Monsters Inc.
• he would stay up all night if we let him! he is definitely a night owl like his mama! he would also rather sleep in our bed than anywhere else!
• i'm pretty sure his grandpa is his most favorite person ever! he loves to do everything with him, and copies a lot of the things he does! i love that he has such a great relationship with him.
• he loooves to run across the wood floor, then slide on his knees.
• he is the BEST big brother out there! he loves his baby sister so much, it is just precious. he loves to make her laugh, and play with her. he has his moments where he isn't the best at sharing his toys, but for the most part he does really well!
• he has an AMAZING memory! he remembers people that he hasn't seen for months, he can remember events or just random things he sees, and will just start talking about them out of the blue! the other day, he asked Ryan to take the tires off of one of his little monster trucks (which I was not very happy about, because I HATE having toys taken apart, haha!) a few minutes later, he tells Ryan, 'they're just like at daddy's work!' we looked over at him, and he had 3 of the tires stacked on top of each other, and the 4th one was like stood up in the middle of the top one. at Ryan's work they have a tire display EXACTLY like that right outside, and we see it every time we stop by. I was shocked that he had remembered that, and had actually put together in his head what he needed to do to get the tires just like that. I wasn't mad about the tires being taken off after that :) It was so adorable!
• when he's eating something, he will randomly say 'I looooooove peaches' or whatever else he is eating! even if he refuses to eat it because he 'thinks' he doesn't like it (without even trying it, haha) he will still say it! haha, it's so funny!
• he has been better with eating the past month, or so. I decided to try something new with him, to get him to be better with eating. for lunch, I give him a variety of food, instead of just one or two things. usually, i'll give him some kind of sandwich, quesadilla, pizza bagel, or whatever else we have as the main thing. then I will give him like 3-5 different sides. some of his favorites are craisins, wheat crackers, cheese crackers, veggie straws (which he calls 'fries'), pretzels, chips, some kind of veggie, or fruit, a slice of turkey & cheese. he will usually eat ALL of it. with breakfast, we'll do oatmeal, cream of wheat, cereal, or nutella. he's reallly good with eating breakfast, too! dinner is a challenge sometimes, though. I definitely passed my pickiness down to him (although i'm not very picky anymore - I DEFINITELY was when I was a kid!) it is SO hard to get him to try something at dinner time. i'll put something on his plate, tell him what it is, then he will say 'I don't like ____' it gets really frustrating, especially because usually if I can get him to take a bit, he finds out that he really DOES like it, but just won't try it. I'm not sure why it's always at dinner time that he has issues, but we're working on it.
• he looooves baths! he would spend his whole day in the bathtub if we let him!
• he loves playing outside. especially in the dirt with his dump trucks & tractors!
• before he goes to bed every night, he says his goodnight routine to every one. 'Good night, sleep good, sweet dreams, see you in the morning, I looooooooove you!' cutest.thing.ever.
• he talks more & more every day. he learns new words that i have nooo idea where he got them from, and we understand him better every day. it's so crazy to have conversations with him now, especially when i think of how little he used to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment