My sweet little TaiserBug is SIX MONTHS OLD TODAY!
Yeah, I am just as shocked as you are. Time has just been FLYING on by since she has been born. I know I say it every month, but I REALLY can not believe she is six months old already. I am very sad about this, because well, she is my last baby and I just want to enjoy her being little just a bit longer. But on the other hand, she is doing growing, changing and learning SO much every day, it just amazes me. It really is so fun to watch a little person grow up, even if it does mean their days being little are quickly passing by!
Here's what our little Tais has been up to this past month!
• she is CRAWLING! has been for a week tomorrow. she is all over the place now, it's crazy! but she is loving her new found freedom to get {pretty much} wherever she wants to go.
• before she started crawling, she had been scooting herself all over. and she got QUICK. I would put her in one spot, turn around for a second, and she was clear across the room by the time I turned back around.
• it is pretty much impossible to change her diaper or get her dressed. anytime I lay her down, she is instantly trying to roll over and get away. sometimes I can stall her with a toy or something for a minute, but usually once I'm putting her new diaper on, she is over it and tries escaping again. this results in her diapers looking like they were put on by her brother.
• she has been pulling herself up onto things lately as well! I try not to let her, because we have wood floors here and that just SCARES the crap out of me that she could slip while trying to pull herself up, and fall and hit her teensy little head. but she definitely still tries!
• she tries to climb out of her bed. she is still in the pack n play bassinet, but I'm gonna have to remove the bassinet part {tear} so that she doesn't climb out and hurt herself. we need to get a new mattress for her actual crib before we can put her in that, because the one we have now isn't firm enough, and it doesn't fit like it should.
• when we're on the bed, she loves to crawl over to the window and just look outside. it's so cute!
• she LOVES her rice cereal now! at first she didn't really care for it too much, but she would eat it. now she can't wait for the next bite when she has it!
• she got some 'Baby Mum Mums' from my mom for Halloween, so I've been giving her those every once in a while. grandma also got her some juice, but those will have to wait a bit longer (:
• she loves drinking out of sippy cups! I have been putting a tiny bit of water in some of Bransyn's 'soft top' sippy cups, and she'll drink out of those. my mom also got her a sippy for Halloween, and it's a lot easier to hold, cause it has the two handles on the sides. she is pretty much PRO at drinking out of that! (: funny that she'll drink out of a sippy, but REFUSES a bottle! haha, that's my girl! (:
• she can drink out of a straw, and is pretty obsessed with doing so!
• she is the biggest mama's girl I know! she pretty much screams if someone she doesn't really know is holding her. she is finally doing better with Ryan, whereas before, if he was holding her and she saw me, she would freak until I took her from him. now she is just find being with daddy when mommy's around (:
• every time we go out to eat, she is always asleep before the food comes, but it NEVER fails, she wakes up literally RIGHT before the food comes. then, of course, demands to be held.
• she grabs EVERYTHING. and everything goes straight to her mouth. it's so funny how babies do this!
• she is very curious about everything. she always wants to touch everything she sees.
•i've probably mentioned it before, but she is a VERY noisy baby. not that she cries/fusses/whines a lot, she just makes LOUD random noises. she squeals and yells/screams a lot when she gets excited, or is just playing. it's so funny, because some of the loud screeches she makes, do NOT sound like they would be able to come out of her! she also has the HIGHEST pitch scream I have ever heard. literally. I am legit scared for when she is in the throwing tantrum stage {aka terrible two's} we might be deaf by the time she is over that! haha
• she is very full of personality, and she has a dang cute one!
• I love just watching her play, and explore things. she gets so into it.
• she has been having issues sleeping lately. she used to be the BEST sleeper. she would go to sleep on her own, self sooth if she was a little fussy, and sleep 8+ hours a time at night. now she wakes up 1-3 times a night, instead of sleeping that 8 hour stretch. she will NOT go to sleep on her own, and no longer self soothes. she still likes to be in bed by 8pm, but sometimes she will randomly wake up at 11 or 12, and act as if she just took a nap & is ready to play! that is pretty hard to deal with, but we're hoping it's just a phase!
• she has also been refusing to sleep in her bed sometimes.
• she has been getting more & more into toys as the days go by. she doesn't really have any 'girly' toys yet, because we're waiting until Christmas to get hers. but she doesn't mind. she is just fine playing with brother's toys. we do have a few baby toys left from when he was a baby {not sure what happened to the rest of them!} and she does pretty well with those, but she really doesn't mind playing with the cars/trucks, buzz lightyear, dinosaurs, and mega blocks! (:
• she is still pretty obsessed with her big brother!
• she is wearing all 6 month clothing now. the 3-6 months are a bit too snug on her now, but that's fine because we had to get her new clothes for Fall/Winter anyways, so I just got them all in 6 months!
• she thinks fake sneezing is just the funniest thing ever.
• she knows her name. if you say taislee or tais, she will stop what she's doing, turn & look at you. so cute!
• she is very stubborn, just like her mama & brother. I can already tell she is going to have a VERY strong personality, and she won't take any crap from anyone ;)
• I also think she is going to be shy. she doesn't do good with people she doesn't know, and sometimes when people talk to her when I'm holding her, she will smile, then turn her head and hide her face.
• she loves to be 'thrown' up into the air. we only do it very slightly with her, to where she barely leaves our hands. she thinks it's so funny. unless she's in a fussy mood, then she doesn't care for it.
• if she gets mad about something, she is REALLY mad.
• if you have been reading this blog since bransyn was a baby, you might remember a toy he had that he loved. it is a little frog named 'leap' that sings the ABC's. he was in love with it for so long. well, now she is in love with it! there's some nights where she is having trouble sleeping, where I will put it next to her & turn it on so it sings, over & over again, and it will put her to sleep. LOVE that thing, haha!
• she likes to reach up and touch my face when she is nursing. sometimes she will stick her fingers in my mouth, and thinks it is hilarious when I bite them {not hard, obviously! hah}
No comments:
Post a Comment