Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Years Resolutions

For the past few months, I've been thinking of things I can do to better my life. I decided that for once in my life, I would have new years resolutions. Not just one, but a whoooole bunch! (isn't the rule you only have one?! Well if so, I'm breaking that rule! haha) So here is what I have come up with, that I think will help me live a better & healthier life:

Have Weekly Goal(s).
I decided on this one, because it seems like I am always saying that I am gonna do something on this day or that day & never do. I think that maybe if I have weekly goals, it will help me do the things that I need to do. For example: Go to school at least once a week, get laundry done by a certain day, run at least one morning, ect.

Get Toned & In Shape.
This is a big one for me right now. I am really disappointed in not only the way my body looks, but how out of shape I am. I know I went through pregnancy & all of that. . . but I think that a year later I should look better then I do now. Do I think I need to lose a ton of weight? No. I want to lose 8 pounds--to be to the goal weight I had BEFORE I got pregnant. I actually did get BELOW that goal weight a few months ago. I don't know HOW I did it, cause I wasn't even trying... but that only lasted a minute or two, haha. I also want to lose these 'love handles' that I have goin on. It sucks that I wear a bigger size pants now then when I did 11 days after I had my son. That was a big smack in the face as I was Christmas shopping, & I could no longer button up the size 2/3's. I want to get my body toned so that I can be happier with the way it looks, and I also hope that it will help get rid of my stretch marks. (it seems like the tighter my skin is, the less visible they are!) Also, get into shape so that I can actually do active things, without having to take a break every ten minutes. Which leads me to my next one. . .

Start Jogging/Running.
I want to start doing jogging/running at least twice a week in the mornings before Bransyn wakes up, while there is still someone home to keep an eye on him. I've never been much of a runner, but for some reason... I realllly want to start! Not only for the whole getting in shape reason, but because I know my son is gonna be more active in a few years & I want to be able to do things with him! We'll see how this one works out. . .

Get On A Better Sleep Schedule.
I have been on a HORRIBLE sleep schedule, for wayyy too long. I usually don't make it to bed until after 12. Not because I'm busy doing something, just because I'm in such a habbit of that still from before I had Bransyn. I want to start going to bed around 10 pm, so that I can get enough sleep so I'm able to wake up at about 6:30 to go running on the days that I choose. And also, get enough sleep before Bransyn decides to wake me up on the days I don't run.

Have More Of A Daily/Weekly Routine.
I'm SICK of not being motivated to do laundry, or clean my room & stuff like that. I want to have set days that I do all of our laundry, or clean my car out, or clean my room, or another room in the house. I think that if I had a set routine, I would be more motivated to do it.

Don't Drink Soda.
I have actually already stopped drinking soda! I can proudly say, that I have not had any soda since my last post about how I couldn't stop drinking it! I finally just said NOOO more, even though it was still in the house! I was drinking lemonade still, but I only had one pack of that & now that its gone, I'm just waiting for my chocolate milk mix to run out then it is 100% Water, Milk & (real) Fruit juices!

Eat Healthier.
This is also a big one for me. I have gotten soooo used to just doing the convenient thing, whether it was picking up fast food for me & ry or just preparing something frozen. I want this to sloooowwww down! Fast food is just a big waste of money & definitely not the healthiest choice. I don't want Bransyn growing up on eating fast food all the time. So me & Ryan decided that for a whole month, we won't get it at all. Then after that, veryyyy rarely, if we do decide to continue at all. I want to actually cook good, healthy meals for my family.

Be Smarter With Money.
Money has been really tight for us for the last little while & it really makes me nervous. We've had a joint savings account since last Feb. & did not make any deposits until just this week, when we put $350 in there. I want something to fall back on, just in case something happens. I am also sick of living paycheck to paycheck & wondering if we're gonna be able to pay a certain thing one month. (okay, that rarely happens cause we DO make sure all the bills are paid, but diapers & food for our child have to come first) Now that Ryan is at this new job, we do have more money coming in. He's been there since the middle of October, but since we had Bransyn's birthday & the holidays, there hasn't been much leftover. (although, I am glad we were able to give B a great birthday & Christmas with no outside help) Now that things are starting to settle down, we will have more extra money. Which will not go towards buying things that we do not need.

Do Things For Myself.
Okay, so this first part is totally going to contradict what I just said in the last one, but oh well, haha! Since I found out I was pregnant in March 08, most of the extra money that I have gotten from then until now, has gone towards Bransyn. I very RARELY buy anything for myself. (with the exception of my camera that I got with my birthday money this past year, or things that I NEED to get by) I have been wearing the same clothes for literally YEARS now. I do need to realize that it is okay to spend a litttle bit of money on myself every now & then. Not a lot, but a reasonable amount. I also need to get out & do things more often. I love taking care of my baby, but it would be nice & good for me to do something fun every now & then.

Spend Less Time On The Computer.
Whenever I have some free time (When B is sleeping, or I don't have him, or he's entertaining himself) instead of getting things done around the house, I would much rather jump on the computer. Lets face it, that's MUCH funner then doing laundry or dishes. But that's part of the reason I DON'T get stuff done... Ya know, better things to do. I mean, if it's every once in a while it's fine. Or if I have stuff to blog about, then I can take the time to come on here.

Be The Best Mom Ever.
Okay, not the best, but pretty dang close! I want to be the best mom that I can be. I do think that I am a good mom already, but I don't ever want to get caught up in something & forget this. Being a good mom is always a goal of mine. I want my little boy to be proud of the mommy he has.

Be More Organized.
Pretty much, I'm just sick of being unorganized, haha.

Get My GED By The End Of The School Year.
'Nuff said.

Have A Better Attitude.
This one's for Ryan. . . ;) He thinks I have a bad attitude sometimes, so I am gonna work on having a more positive attitude towards things.

Get Into Our Own House.
I am DYING to have a place for just my little family. I am very thankful that I do at least have somewhere to live & that I am doing so rent-free, but I never realized how hard it is to raise a child under someone else's roof. We are hoping to be into our own place within the next 6 months.


Here's to reaching my goals! Hopefully by the end of the year, I have reached/kept all of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment