Wednesday, January 13, 2010

School Time.

So as most of you know, I have not finished high school yet. I was such a slacker in high school & didn't think it really mattered, so I would just ditch with my friends. A LOT. Ahhh, if only I knew then what I know now! Well, that is the one & only thing I regret. Not graduating.
So back in March of '08, I went to the 'Adult High School' over by the college here to start getting my GED. Well, 2 days later I found out I was pregnant. Since I was in my first trimester, it was reallly hard to go work on it & by the time I was in my second & feeling better, the school year was over :(
Ever since then, I have been putting it off cause I've been so busy with Bransyn. Well, this past October, I decided that it was time to finally get it DONE! So I went back with Ashlyn & my friend Alyssa to get signed up again. We all took the pre-GED test to kind of see where we were & if we were ready to take the test yet. I thought I was gonna do HORRIBLE. But to my surprise, I did pretty well on 2 subjects, making it to a 12th grade level on one & a college level on the other. Math on the other hand, I did not do so great in :( I only got an 8th grade level! (Gah, I haaaate math!) Well the rules with that is if you score under a 9th grade level on any of the 3 subjects, you have to do 60 hours of classtime. If you get above 9th grade level, you only have to do 13 hours. So that meant I was stuck doing 60 hours!
Well after that first time going, things got realllly busy for me! It was around the time I started watching my cousin Kalei (that was 7 am-7pm & the school closes at 7 pm every night) Then after that ended, I was getting everything ready for Bransyn's birthday & doing a lot of photo shoots. I thought for sure after his birthday I would be able to go in more. Noooope, next came Christmas so I still didn't have time.
After Christmas & New Years, I told myself that I AM going to start going again and more! So this past Thursday, I had Ashlyn watch Bransyn & made it in there with Alyssa! Wahoooo! (: And to my surprise, they told me that I was so close to passing in math, I now only have to do the 13 hours! I was sooo happy about that! But they also had us do some 'activities' on the computer that SUCK. haha, They're probably the most retarded things I have ever done, but hey. . . whatever it takes to finish, right?! So I got a little over an hour down that day (I was actually there for 2 1/2. . . but we had to register for the GED & get some other stuff done, so we only got 1 hour of work time in)

We are also planning on going again this Thursday, if I can get someone to watch the little one! Hopefully I can keep up on going, cause the sooner I finish. . . the better!

This is something that I never thought would be so important to me. I really wish I would of been able to graduate with my class, but I guess all that matters is that I get it done. Better late then never ;)



I have also decided what I want to do 'when I grow up'

My 2 choices were certified nurses assistant & work my way up to working in labor & delivery, or an ultra sound tech.
I have been going back & forth between the two, but finally came to a decision:

Ultra Sound Tech.

This one is gonna be a LOT harder & longer for schooling, but I think it'll be really fun! Tonnns of stuff to know for it, though! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment