I had my anatomy scan/ultra sound today. Ryan wasn't able to go cause work's realllly busy, so my friend Savannah came with me so that I didn't have to go alone (:
Anyways, everything is looking good so far. She doesn't have any of the chromosomal abnormality 'markers' Bransyn had, so I was pretty relieved about that. She actually said that baby's neck skin looked perfect, so she didn't even NEED to take the measurement. So I was pretty relieved.
She did, however, see a little spot on baby's heart. Which of course I felt my heart drop as soon as she said 'see that little white spot on the heart?' But I learned that at this point, it is nothing to be concerned about. She said all it looks like is some calcium build up. Which is actually quite common, she said that she see's it on average about 3 times a week. (she had just done an U/S the day before & saw the same thing!) They don't know what causes it or how it gets into the heart, but it is harmless. If it is NOT calcium, it could be a mass. But the tech is pretty confident that that's all it is. She explained to me that when this happens, the spot will normally show up in the middle of the left side of the heart. A mass will usually be attached to the side/wall of the heart. In baby's case, it is in the middle of the left side. Also, the calcium spot will move along with the heart as it beats. A mass will not, it will just sit there. Which it was moving along with hear heart beating. So 2 good signs & just the fact that it looked more like the calcium spot, I guess. Of course, I am concerned about this, but I am trying to stay as calm as possible & not stress about it, because I worried WAY too much with Brans, for nothing. But of course, it's my baby, I'm gonna worry. I just know it's more than likely not a big deal, so until we find out other wise, I'm gonna keep my stress levels down. It will be MUCH better for both me & the little miss! I will have a follow up ultra sound in about 6-8 weeks, just to make sure it's not getting any bigger. The follow up will be for that reason AND because little Missy Mae would not move, so the tech couldn't see every part of the heart that she needed to see. This baby is SO stubborn! I even had to have a, uhhh, 'not so fun' ultra sound after we were done with the 'normal' one, because she couldn't get a good view of my cervix to make sure it was measuring long enough. (she did try to measure it anyways, but I guess it was REALLY short, so she wanted to double check!) She thought it was because I didn't have enough water in my bladder (HA! I drank SO much water before I went in, I knew that wasn't why!) But come to find out, baby girl was sitting right on my cervix so that's why she couldn't get a good view of it. It is measuring nice & long right now though, so that's a good sign! I'm very relieved about that, as well. (the surgery I had on my cervix last August could of made my cervix thinner, making it possible for it to open up prematurely, which we do nottt want to happen!) Anyways, I'm glad that everything is good so far. She is measuring right on at 19 weeks 1 day (I am exactly 19 weeks today, so that's a veryyy good measurement!) and her heart rate was at 158!
And yes, baby is still a girl ;)
Anyways, everything is looking good so far. She doesn't have any of the chromosomal abnormality 'markers' Bransyn had, so I was pretty relieved about that. She actually said that baby's neck skin looked perfect, so she didn't even NEED to take the measurement. So I was pretty relieved.
She did, however, see a little spot on baby's heart. Which of course I felt my heart drop as soon as she said 'see that little white spot on the heart?' But I learned that at this point, it is nothing to be concerned about. She said all it looks like is some calcium build up. Which is actually quite common, she said that she see's it on average about 3 times a week. (she had just done an U/S the day before & saw the same thing!) They don't know what causes it or how it gets into the heart, but it is harmless. If it is NOT calcium, it could be a mass. But the tech is pretty confident that that's all it is. She explained to me that when this happens, the spot will normally show up in the middle of the left side of the heart. A mass will usually be attached to the side/wall of the heart. In baby's case, it is in the middle of the left side. Also, the calcium spot will move along with the heart as it beats. A mass will not, it will just sit there. Which it was moving along with hear heart beating. So 2 good signs & just the fact that it looked more like the calcium spot, I guess. Of course, I am concerned about this, but I am trying to stay as calm as possible & not stress about it, because I worried WAY too much with Brans, for nothing. But of course, it's my baby, I'm gonna worry. I just know it's more than likely not a big deal, so until we find out other wise, I'm gonna keep my stress levels down. It will be MUCH better for both me & the little miss! I will have a follow up ultra sound in about 6-8 weeks, just to make sure it's not getting any bigger. The follow up will be for that reason AND because little Missy Mae would not move, so the tech couldn't see every part of the heart that she needed to see. This baby is SO stubborn! I even had to have a, uhhh, 'not so fun' ultra sound after we were done with the 'normal' one, because she couldn't get a good view of my cervix to make sure it was measuring long enough. (she did try to measure it anyways, but I guess it was REALLY short, so she wanted to double check!) She thought it was because I didn't have enough water in my bladder (HA! I drank SO much water before I went in, I knew that wasn't why!) But come to find out, baby girl was sitting right on my cervix so that's why she couldn't get a good view of it. It is measuring nice & long right now though, so that's a good sign! I'm very relieved about that, as well. (the surgery I had on my cervix last August could of made my cervix thinner, making it possible for it to open up prematurely, which we do nottt want to happen!) Anyways, I'm glad that everything is good so far. She is measuring right on at 19 weeks 1 day (I am exactly 19 weeks today, so that's a veryyy good measurement!) and her heart rate was at 158!
And yes, baby is still a girl ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment