Monday, December 27, 2010

B's dr appointment

Well, I was finally able to switch Bransyn's doctor! I was trying to get him into a different doctor in the same clinic he was in so that we didn't have to change everything, but none of the other doctors are taking new patients :(
So I decided to switch him over to the St. George clinic with Dr. Hubbard. I took him in today to see if this Dr could figure out B's pukey problem.
I explained to him what was going on & he actually asked a lot of questions, and listened to me while I asked questions & did the best he could to answer them. Which is alll I wanted. For someone to try to understand what was going on, to figure this out.
He wasn't sure what is going on, but I can definitely tell he is looking more into it than Dr. Smith was! He prescribed a pill for us to try (I can't remember what it's called!) for 3 weeks & if it helps, we will wean him off of it. If he continues to throw up after that, Dr. Hubbard will refer him to the pediatric GI specialist, Dr. Kadu, to figure out what is wrong. I am SO glad he is willing to refer Brans so soon! It was HORRIBLE having to watch my child cough & be miserable for SEVEN months, until Dr. Smith FINALLY referred him to the allergy & asthma specialist.
So we will do 1/4 a pill for 3 weeks & see how he does. I'm hoping this will help him, but I would also like to know WHY it's happening, so hopefully Dr. Hubbard will be able to narrow it down to something if this does work.
Crossing my fingers, cause I am SO sick of watching my poor baby be miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment