We had a wonderful Christmas this year! (: It was our very first Christmas as a little family, in our own home! It was pretty bittersweet... I have never spent a Christmas away from my family before, but it was nice to just have us 3 together (:
Christmas Eve wasn't too eventful. I woke up pretty sick, so I kind of just bummed around all day, while Ry was out with Brans. Then I had to get a few last minute items, that I kept forgetting about. We are keeping the tradition of opening Christmas pajama's on Christmas Eve. I couldn't find any for me & Ry (well, I kinda didn't look, cause I kept putting it off! haha) But we got Brans some cute 'Cars' jammies that he loved! He knew just how to open the presents this year! (:
Ry & I both woke up at about 7:30 Christmas morning... it was crazy! I felt like a little kid, but I wasn't excited for MY stuff... I was excited to watch Bransyn open his presents! I was literally looking at the time every few minutes, waiting for 8am to come so I could go wake Brans up (:
After it was finally time, I went in his room & he did nottt want to get up! haha. I felt kind of bad, but hey... I had been waiting long enough ;) I kept telling him that Santa came & that he could finally open his presents, but he just kept trying to lay back down. After a few minutes, I had convinced him to get up & see what was left for him! (:
He walked out of his room & around the corner into the living room, saw his 4-wheeler & went straight to it with a huge smile on his face! (: We had been talking about it for so long, every time anyone would ask him what he asked Santa for, he would say 'Fourliller!' and get all excited! So I'm sure he was happy to finally see it! (:
He hopped on it & started pushing the sound effect buttons! Then I showed him what how to work the foot pedal & he was off! haha. Although, there was not much room for him to go very far in the house. He ran into daddy on the rocking chair. But that didn't bother him... he sat on it for a good 15 minutes, just pushing the buttons & just hangin' out! (:
I was finally able to get him over to all his other presents to open! (: It was soo much fun, cause he actually knew how to open everything this year! Last year, he just wanted to play with everything & got too distracted! Which he DID want to play with everything right away this year, too... but I kept telling him he had more & he got so excited to see what was in each package (:
From Santa-
Fourwheeler & Buzz Lightyear
In his stocking-
Hot wheels cars, flash cards, a coloring book, shampoo, a new toothbrush & toothpaste, fruit snacks, pretzel m&m's & the first Ice Age movie
From Mommy & Daddy-
Spiderman action figure & fourwheeler, little people fire truck with blocks, color wonder paper & markers, a bucket full of animal figures, a big huge monster truck, a helicopter, an airport with lots of people & an airplane, little people zoo, Toy Story 2 DVD, (since he already has the 1st & 3rd) a phonics toy (I dunno what else to call it! haha), and LOTS of clothes!
Ryan got the Call of Duty video game, some new work pants, and he chose for the rest of the money to go towards stuff for his truck (of course) which is SO boring & I was bummed, but that's what he wanted & wouldn't stop bugging me about it! ha He also got a bunch of stuff in his stocking, that I don't remember! haha
The budget for each of us wasn't very big this year, but we were both okay with that, it's not a big deal to us! (:
After all the presents were done, I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then my dad came over. We gave him the gifts that we had gotten for him, and he brought us a new washer ;)
We kinda just hung out at home most of the morning, let Brans play with all his new toys, then we had to head up to Ryan's parents house at 11 to do Christmas with them, before the rest of their family came over! (:
While we were there, we opened presents with his parents & his sister & her husband. We got them all gift cards (sooo exciting, I know... but I put Ry in charge of his family this year & that's what he chose to do. Always taking the easy way out ;) hahah!) Bransyn got a really fun set of flash card puzzles, a truck and a few outfits from his grandparents. Then he got a few more outfits from Ryan's sister & brother in law! Ryan got a nice warm coat, some slippers, a coffee maker, and a new wallet from his parents. They got me a steam mop (Ahh, I am STILL sooo excited about this! haha I have been wanting one forever!) and a camera tripod. And our 'joint' gift was a reallly nice knife block thingy, which we have been needing/wanting but every one I look at is super expensive! haha. The one they got us is amazing! (:
After that was done with, his extended family started showing up & we got everything ready for Christmas lunch/dinner. It was sooo yummy - of course! I swear I could of eaten alll day! haha. After we ate, we had a white elephant gift exchange which was super fun! They usually draw names for a gift exchange, but they decided to change i t up this year! I ended up with this neck massager thingy & Ry got a bunch of little flash lights that he can use for work! (: After we were done with all that fun stuff, I went & took a nap, cause I was quite exhausted! I think everyone just kind of hung out, & watched movies and Bransyn dragged a few people outside so he could ride his four wheeler! (: That kind of went on for the rest of the day, which was nice... cause I love just being able to relax & enjoy everyone's company on Christmas! Oh, and then of course everyone played cards later on. You can always count on them doing that at all of the family gatherings ;)
About 9pm was when we decided to call it a night & head home! We let Bransers play with his new toys a little bit more when we got home, before putting him to bed.
It was definitely a great Christmas and Mr. B got spoiled and enjoyed the day! Couldn't ask for anything more than to spend the day with my 2 amazing boys! I'm a little sad that this was our last Christmas with just Bransyn, but I totally can not wait until our little lady joins us next year! (:
I hope everyone had a FABULOUS Christmas! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment