Wednesday, April 13, 2011

36 week appointment!

Today was the first day I had an appointment & no ultra sound in weeks! Bittersweet. Made me sad, because I just LOVE seeing my fabulous little lady on there, but happy at the same time, because now there is no need to have the ultra sounds anymore! (:
Anyways, this appointment was a bit more, uhh... shall I say eventful than my previous ones. We did all the normal things {including me waiting for EVER. I swear, if I didn't love my Dr's so much...} Heart rate was at 140bpm... perfect. My belly/uterus is measuring right at 36 weeks... perfect. Baby girl is still head down & ready to come when it's that time... perfect. Annnnnd I only gained 1 pound in two weeks... perfect! (: Then I got to do the super fun Group B strep test. If you're a mama, you know what I'm talking about & that when I say 'super fun' I really mean one of the worst 15 seconds of my life. If you don't know what that is... leave it that way, truuuuust me! (: haha Then I got to have a cervical check. JOY, I just love them! haha. I found out that I am already 2cm dilated & 50% effaced. I was SHOCKED. I neverrr progressed that much with Brans. I was at a 1 with him for 5 {maybe even more, I didn't start getting checked til 36 weeks & that's when I was at a 1} weeks. The day I was induced, I wasn't even to a complete 2 yet. Luckily, this doesn't really mean I will go into labor anytime soon, since women can be at a 3 or 4 for weeks at a time. Of course, it doesn't mean that I won't either! So now I feel like I'm gonna get to play the waiting game & see if my body decides to go into labor on it's own. {doubt it, though! HA!} I really do not care to go on my own any sooner than 39 weeks, though. It would be PERFECT if I suddenly went into labor the night before/day they plan on inducing me ;) haha. I also wouldn't mind if I dilated more on my own {but not go into labor} so that I'll possibly have a shorter labor, cause I had already progressed so much before labor started? ;) wishful thinking!
So that's my update about my appointment, everything definitely went well! I am super excited that I have no more than THREE appointments left until I get to meet this sweet little bundle! Eeeeek, THREE WEEEEEKS!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment